surely

• Submitted: Fri, July 16, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2010

• Reported By: Sam — Austin Texas United States of America
1019 85th Ave SE Olympia, Washington United States of America

The Spa Depot Spa Depot Spa Depot Creates Business for Itself! Olympia, Washington

*UPDATE Employee: The facts

I ordered a replacement cover for my hot tub.  After submitting my dimensions, The Spa Depot called and asked me to furnish interior spa dimensions so they could "clarify the rounded corner dimensions."  Little did I know, they made my spa cover using the new interior dimensions, which obviously are way too small, and didn't even call to confirm.  Now they won't replace my cover because "we made the cover according to the dimensions you sent us."  No, they made the cover according to the dimensions THEY ASKED FOR AFTER I SENT IN MY DIMENSIONS!!!  Nifty way to drum up more business!  : )

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2010 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Spa-Depot/Olympia-Washington-98501/The-Spa-Depot-Spa-Depot-Spa-Depot-Creates-Business-for-Itself-Olympia-Washington-623999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Spa Depot

The facts

AUTHOR: Kaisa@spadepot.com - (USA)

The Spa Depot works really hard to provide accurate information and great customer service. We pay special attention and care to custom spa cover orders. We offer detailed instructions on how to gather measurements, as well as numerous pictures on where to place your tape measure. Please see our measuring tips page: http://www.spadepot.com/shop/pop-ups/covermeasure.htm

When we received this customer's order, the dimensions where immediately double checked with the manufacturer of that spa. During this process the manufacturer had indicated that the customer's measurements were too small. Because it is so important that the cover is not smaller than the spa, we immediately placed the order on hold and forwarded this customer the following email which explained the measuring instuctions and also provided a measuring diagram:

Hello Paul,

While processing your order I noticed that you have selected the square shape. The Dreammaker X-400 is elliptical (bowed sides) so I wanted to double check your order with you. Also, Dreammaker lists 76" x 66" for the outer most length and width of the current X-400.

Would you like to double check your measurements once more before we proceed?

Right-click here to download pictures. To help protect your privacy, Outlook prevented automatic download of this picture from the Internet.
Kaisa
Cover Care Specialist

Customer responded with:

The X-400 is rounded on the ends.  The dimensions I gave you the first time were for the existing cover.  The spa itself measures:

A = 54"
B = 44"
C = 71"
D = 44"

Hope this helps.  Any other questions, let me know.  Thanks!

Per the customer's instructions we built the cover to these dimensions. We are very sorry to hear if there was any confusion during his order, however he had not indicated that he was having trouble, and did not ask for any additional assistance.

As you can see, no request was made by The Spa Depot for interior dimensions of the spa. And honestly, we would have no reason to ask for interior dimensions as those are not used to manufactur a spa cover.

Kaisa