• Report: #152076

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

The Stockton Group, Monster.com Illegal check fraud scam! Blank blank

I was contacted by Monster.com regarding a positon as a payment processor. I sent in my resume and was told I was hired by the head of human resources.. My job description was to accept payments from local clients and keep 12% as compensation and send the remainder to The Stockton Group.

I went to the bank in which the check was drawn on and actually cashed it. Going home with 2500.00 cash money, which I was to keep 300.00 of. The more I thought about it the fishier it seemed and contacted the police you tranferred me to the Secret service. They told me about the probability of a scam and sent me to the bank to return the money. When I got there the account holder whose identity had been stolen was in the bank managers office. If I didnt go back when I did to return the money I would have been arrested shortly after for check fraud..

These scam artists stole the persons identity, made a bogus check with his information and made it out to me!! All is well now and the man has his money back butit was a scary day from hell! I hope someone reads this before it happens to them.

Winthrop, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2005 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Stockton-Group-Monstercom/nationwide/The-Stockton-Group-Monstercom-Illegal-check-fraud-scam-Blank-blank-152076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Stockton Group, Monster.com