Complaint Review: The Swanx

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Andreaaa — Alex Louisiana United States of America
The Swanx

The Swanx The Swanx LLC Another victim Internet

I wish there was a way for me to give this business ZERO stars. I placed an order with The Swanx on May 26, '12 and was fully prepared to wait the 6-8 weeks for the shoes to be delivered. After the 8 week time frame I checked the website for an update on my order status. I contacted The Swanx via the Live Chat feature 3 times and I was told my shoes "were just being finished" and could "possibly be mailed out Monday". Trying to call The Swanx and have anything but leaving a message as an option would have been nice. When I did finally reach a human I was told the same thing "shoes are in the mail" maybe. I sent emails that went unanswered or they contained the same info which was none. I asked for a refund as The Swanx did not comply with their end of our agreement (I pay them money and they send shoes) and they suggested I pick a pair of shoes that were ready to ship. I checked the website and there were 3 pairs for me to choose from in my size. I asked for a refund again and I was informed there was a 25.00 canc fee. ARE YOU KIDDING? Oct came and went and I never received my refund. 3 phone calls later I'm told the refund is on its way. In Jan I still had not received my refund. I emailed The Swanx yet again on Jan 9 to request my refund again and then hung up and wrote a letter to my state Attorney General. Interestingly enough my refund showed up the next week. In the response letter to the Atty General from The Swanx they said I was made aware of the 8-10 week waiting period....considering it took more than 29 weeks to receive my PARTIAL refund I guess I should happy. I paid The Swanx 160.00 as an immediate transfer from my credit card and in turn I had to wait 5/26/12 to JANUARY 9, '13 for a reduced refund. The Swanx made an easy 25.00 off me and several others (check the BBB on them) I will let everyone know of my experience so they don't lose their hard earned money.
I almost forgot!!! As soon as I asked for my refund the swanx deleted my account with them and removed me from their Facebook page. Instead of all that wasted time and energy they could have answered a few customer phone calls. This is the first time I have spoken out about my horrible experience....mostly because I was embarrassed that I had been swindled. I happened upon the previous review and I had to speak up. I'm a nurse with a back injury and I love my Dansko Professional Clogs purchased via Amazon and zappos.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2013 04:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Swanx/internet/The-Swanx-The-Swanx-LLC-Another-victim-Internet-1016558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Swanx