Complaint Review: The Talent People

• Submitted: Sun, October 31, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 30, 2012

• Reported By:Scottsville Kentucky
The Talent People
50 Music Square West Nashville, Tennessee U.S.A.

The Talent People ripoff Nashville Tennessee

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: He got work

*Author of original report: The Talent People Fred Hodges

To any and all who would read this, I would like to preface my remarks by saying, there are a good many decent talented and reputable people in the entertainment industry i.e. casting directors, agents as well as models, actors and singers.

Fred Hodges of The Talent People, should not be included in the aforementioned. I met Fred Hodges of the talent people in, August of 2004, after answering an and in the Bowling Green Kentucky paper looking for actors models sing as songwriters. I did not know how the business worked and so I flew by the seat of my pants. I spoke with Mr. Hodges requested money. Under normal circumstances that should have been a tipoff as two what was to come however I gave Mr. Hodges several hundred dollars for his representation and for head shots, which came under criticism from the real professionals, at any rate that would be my own fault.

I did however get work for Mr. Hodges doing a music video and have been promised payment for my work time after time after time and have not yet seen one thin dime. I have made phone call after phone call and have been promised but have gotten no results. Absent in the certified letter demanding payment and threatening legal action in the absence of payment and I am prepared to take whatever legal steps are necessary to collect the money Fred Hodges of the talent people owes me. He also asked me to pay the bill for him in Bowling Green, which I did with my own personal check and I have documentation of all my transactions with Fred Hodges.

I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau of middle Tennessee and the state Attorney General's office of Tennessee in the event I do not receive the monetary remuneration owed me.

Scottsville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2004 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Talent-People/Nashville-Tennessee-37203/The-Talent-People-ripoff-Nashville-Tennessee-115474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Talent People

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

He got work

AUTHOR: fredh - (United States of America)

This gentlemen has no right to complain, He got Headshots that he used for a commercial
and several videos,He worked and was happy,met chris and another model .Tried to Hang out
with me , but He is a former Cop , not someone I would be out with and that and the fact He always
wanted to hang around.He and Chris and his new girl friend cooked this all up..He is married
yet he tried to date the models even hook-up with one ..I don't owe anything to him ,just
respect ..I don't have to party with him, But thats what this is all about..I did my job ..He played
around on his wife..so who is the cheater

The Talent People Fred Hodges

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

This update is to advise readers that I just received payment from Fred Hodges, of The Talent People, in Nashville Tennessee in the form of a postal money order.

Make no mistake, he is not someone with whom I will ever do business again. I called his office every day for several weeks demanding payment. I also wrote to this Internet publication,ripoffreport.com, which I certainly believe was helpful in seeing the money I would otherwise have never seen if I hadn't been persistent and used the tools available to apply the necessary pressure.

I had indeed threaten to go to the Tennessee Attorney General and other agencies which I would most certainly have done. Don't be fooled by a con man and don't be afraid to stand up for your rights. If I can help anyone that has been scammed I would be happy to do so.