Complaint Review: The Tax Club

• Submitted: Tue, May 29, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 29, 2007

• Reported By:Santa Rosa California
The Tax Club
350 5th Ave Ste 6015, New York, New York U.S.A.

The Tax Club Cannot recommend The Tax Club, Service not as represented, Expensive, Aggravating, Feels like a Ripoff New York New York
*UPDATE ...Rip-off Report Investigation: The Tax Club pledges to resolve complaints. Commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. - Executives stated "our Clients are #1 priority employees will go above & beyond their client's expectation in every aspect of the business." Consumers can feel confident and secure when doing business with The Tax Club.

Grand sales pitch, easy pay, lots of flowery promises, however... trying to talk to someone and get difinitive answers won't happen. Most seem inexperienced at even reading the script.

I bought a year ago, and expected to be councled and informed along the way. Did not meet my expectations. Phone conversations had no continuity from one call to the next. When I asked to speak to someone knowlegeable about my particular tax profile and specific questions, The person on the TC end asked "Do you expect to be able to talk to an accountant for $9.95 a month? I answered "Yes, as I was told when being sold this membership". He asked "Who told you that?" I replied "Your sales person". The conversation was ended when I asked for someone that knew what was going on.

I didn't keep times and names during all these phone calls and wish I had so as to be more specific when talking about this. Lately I have been conversing by email and at least have times, dates and names to refer to.

It has been an ordeal getting my taxes filed for 2006. I was one day late with the Corporation info on the "VTO" and I'm told would incurr a penalty for not meeting the deadline. No one can tell me how much penalty and I don't even know if a return was filed, just that the don't seem to have a clue about the corporation they had me set up through Advantage Corporation, their associate. I would have at least expected them to file an extension for the corporate filing. Didn't happen.

The personal information was well within the time limit and they found that they could file an extension for that. It's been 11 weeks and they have notified me that I can look up my refund information on the IRS site. If they filed it today it hasn't showed up yet. They seemed to be having trouble getting this done as of this a.m.

I am unhappy with their performance and could have done it using TurboTax at a small fration of the cost and had my refund already.

The corporation they steered me to set up hasn't made a nickle to date as no business has been transacted. They did say that I could deduct the expenses to set it up, the montly fees and education costs against any future filing. That should be interesting. NO Income-$15K expenses=?

Find a better, cheaper way to get it done and save the frustration of dealing with people that get a paycheck no matter what they tell you. So you want to be an entrepenuer, run your own business, buy education from the "Big Boys"

If you want to purchase an education, this one will cost you plenty and leave you sorry, but wiser. You will learn a lesson. Due diligence is important and cannot be overstressed in today's world. If you don't know how to perform the due diligence, ask people who have been there and at least consult this site for a clue.

Diana
Santa Rosa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2007 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tax-Club/New-York-New-York-10118/The-Tax-Club-Cannot-recommend-The-Tax-Club-Service-not-as-represented-Expensive-Aggrava-251028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tax Club