Complaint Review: The Tax Club

• Reported By:San Francisco California
The Tax Club
350 5th Avenue, Suite 6015 New York, New York United States of America

The Tax Club Rip off, dishonest, clientcare is a joke New York New York
*UPDATE ...Ripoff Report REVIEW: The Tax Club pledges to resolve complaints. Commitment to Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. - Executives stated "our Clients are #1 priority employees will go above & beyond their client's expectation in every aspect of the business." Consumers can feel confident and secure when doing business with The Tax Club.

SPECIAL UPDATE: September 5 2012: The Tax Club remains committed to increased customer satisfaction and has improved their business practices over the years to better serve their customers. The Tax Club is truly dedicated to making sure their customers are satisfied and that any complaints which do arise are addressed promptly and fairly.

To date, The Tax Club has made good faith efforts to resolve all complaints reported on Ripoff Report. Based on our experience, the member business has proven to be among the top members of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program as a Verified Safe Business.

Over time and since becoming a member, The Tax Club has remained actively engaged and improving the way they address customer service complaints. As an active and current member of the Ripoff Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program we are happy to report that now more than ever The Tax Club remains committed to improving customer satisfaction.

Remember, no company or individual can ever satisfy 100% of the people 100% of the time. There are no products or services that will always be perfect for everyone and even the best companies will receive complaints from time to time. However, by participating in the Corporate Advocacy Program, the member business has made a commitment to working with its customers to resolve complaints quickly and fairly whenever possible.

Please keep in mind that as a consumer you have some responsibilities as well. Success has many definitions that based on your past experiences, current situation and your perceived expectations. Success with any product or service is always based on the proper application and understanding. The fastest car will not run if you never turn the engine on. Look at how you used the product or service that was provided in relation with the instructions that you received. The Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation and Customer Satisfaction Program will help you get your voice heard but please be prepared with documentation and fair representation of your concern, also have an idea of how the company can fix your concern. Can they offer additional services, extend warranties, offer a fair refund or just get you talking with someone that can help. ..let them know and let us know!

*Any consumer not receiving satisfaction from a member of the Corporate Advocacy Program should email us at editor@ripoffreport.com
 The Tax Club is Rip-off Report Verified

I signed up with The Tax Club because it was referred to me. I thought I was getting a deal. $1,200 set up fee and $49 a month. I tried to get a refund, they only wanted to refund me $400. And the $49 monthly fee is not refundable. And they wouldn't talk about the $29 fee for efiling my 2006 taxes, they told me they were working on my taxes. The whole reason I wanted to cancel my membership and get a refund was because they weren't doing my taxes. I was told they were working on my taxes, so I didn't press them to cancel my membership, besides, I wasn't agreeing to their terms on the cancellation contract. They were supposed to do my 2006 income taxes, I have been waiting 8 weeks for them to finish my returns. I need my returns done for my school financial aid. I keep telling them that and they keep telling me they are doing my taxes. How long can it take? I am still waiting.

I first noticed the scam when they wanted to charge me $550 to set up a Promissory note so I could personnally lend my own company money. And then they wanted to charge me $1,200 to set up a Payroll service. I don't even have employees.

But what really clinched it was when they wanted to file for my corporate name and be my "Resident Agent". I was told up front that they would do my incorporation 'gratis' that that was part of their services that I had paid for. Oh sure, filing for the incorporation was free, except for the filing fee, but they wanted to charge $1,200 to "set up" my resident agent service and charge me $29 a month.

Now, you can go directly to: www.incorpservices.com and they will file your incorporation papers for just the filing fee, and the first year of resident agent service is free, and $99 a year thereafter. But see, I used to work there, so I know how it works, but even after I told The Tax Club rep that, he still told me 'I need them" because I can't be my own resident agent in California, supposedly because I have to be at the physical address M-F from 9-5 for "process of service". I can't believe he thought I would go for that. Nobody physically goes to someone's place for processing servicing, that is what the U.S. Mail is for. I was going to file a BBB claim two weeks ago but I pulled it, because The TAx Club assured me that they were doing my taxes. So here I am, still waiting for my taxes, out another $49 for this month's services. I guess I will have to file a BBB claim afterall. If anyone is suing or doing a class action, I want in.

Roxie San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2007 11:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tax-Club/New-York-New-York-10118/The-Tax-Club-Rip-off-dishonest-clientcare-is-a-joke-New-York-New-YorkUPDATE-Ripoff-R-254093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tax Club