Complaint Review: The Tax Club

• Submitted: Sat, July 14, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, July 15, 2007

• Reported By:New Orleans Louisiana
The Tax Club
350 5th Street Suite 6015 New York, New York U.S.A.

The Tax Club Unauthorized withdrawl from my bank account New York New York
*UPDATE ...Rip-off Report Investigation: The Tax Club pledges to resolve complaints. Commitment to Rip-off Report Corporate Advocacy Business Remediation & Customer Satisfaction Program. - Executives stated "our Clients are #1 priority employees will go above & beyond their client's expectation in every aspect of the business." Consumers can feel confident and secure when doing business with The Tax Club.

I too started my business and recieved a phone call from Brandon ext 5320 at The Tax Club who explained to me the tax services provided. It sounded good but I didn't have the finances at the moment to invest because of the start up cost for my business. He explained it was not a problem and that he could do installments, but I was not ready to commit to that either. Unfortunately, I did trust the situtation enough that I let him put my information (i.e. my VISA debit card info) "on file", as I had planned to enroll at a later more economically feasible date. 2 hours later his supervisor called (whose name I do not remember) pressuring me to authorize a withdrawl now..he even stated that he had access to my account and could see that my balance was high enough for the first installment to clear. I explained to him that the balance may appear as if there is enough money in my account but I had already written checks that pretty much accounted for the entire balance. He continued to try and pressure me into giving him a date to withdrawl the money, which I refused to do. He finally settled on scheduling a date and time to talk with him and Brandon again (the following tuesday at 11 am). After the pushiness of the supervisor I questioned the authenticity of the company and my level of trust was gone. Some Monday when Brandon called again I did not answer, nor did I answer the 12 times a day they called me for the rest of the week. That saturday I went to make a deposit in the bank and realized I had a balance of negative $316 because they had withdrawl $518.99 from my account on Thursday, I also incurred over $100 in overdraft fees...luckily my bank force paid the checks I had written. I was furious and called the FBI (since I am in Louisianna, I figured it would be interstate fraud) The FBI said they only handle fraud over $15,000. The FBI said I should call the Federal Trade Commission and contact my bank immediately. I have a meeting with the bank on monday to file an affidavit and start a dispute as well as a fraud claim to try and recover my money. I will be filing a report with the FTC when I am done here. I am interested in joining any class action lawsuit, especially because for $600.00 it is not worth it for me to go to a lawyer. I don't know but I think in my case because it is unauthorized withdrawls from an FDIC institute I may be able to go to the DA here in Lousianna.

New Orleans, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2007 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tax-Club/New-York-New-York-10119/The-Tax-Club-Unauthorized-withdrawl-from-my-bank-account-New-York-New-YorkUPDATE-Rip-o-260893. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tax Club