Complaint Review: The Ticket Clinic

• Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012

• Reported By: wtf? — Hallandale Florida United States of America
The Ticket Clinic
1580 South Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale, Florida United States of America

The Ticket Clinic told me not to show in court did not show up on my court date and my license is going to be suspended Fort Lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Comment: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY....

*Consumer Comment: Curious

*General Comment: Be responsible.

*Author of original report: update of complaint

I recieved a redlight camera violation, I originally decided to fight this but after talking to some friends and doing some research I decided to talk to the Ticket Clinic.  I recieved a court date and took that and all the documentation I had put together along with a written statement to the office and hired them.
I was told they would handle all the necessary stuff and I would not have to go to court as they would handle the entire thing for me.  I looked at the clerk of courts website after the court date and everything looked on the surface as it was ok based on the information I was given by the people in the office.   They said they would notify me of the outcome of the case when it was decided.
Two Months later, I recieved from the Florida department of motor vehicles a notice that my license was to be suspended in less than 2 1/2 weeks if I didn't pay the fine and all the late fees associated with my ticket.  I looked at the website again to see what had happened and after paying to get the complete proceedings found that the lawyers for the Ticket Clininc had not even shown up in court and I was cited for Non Appearance.  What did I pay them for?
Now I have to race around and wait in line to pay the fine at the courthouse and get proof I paid it and the other fees and then run over to the dmv and wait in line to keep my license form being suspended and on top of it I get the points and the insurance increase.  Thank you Ticket Clinic.  Burn in hell

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2012 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Ticket-Clinic/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33316/The-Ticket-Clinic-told-me-not-to-show-in-court-did-not-show-up-on-my-court-date-and-my-li-858595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Ticket Clinic

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY....

AUTHOR: Craig Mawson - ()

I also had a red light ticket that I could have paid $158 and would have had no points or court costs. Instead, I know am out $339.00, $75 Ticket Clinic fee and $264 court costs, FOR THE SAME RESULT. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH THIS FIRM AND THEIR FALSE PROMISE.

Curious

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Did you run the red light?

#3 General Comment

Be responsible.

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

It would have been alot easier to just pay the ticket.My son got a red light with the camera ticket and there where no points involved,he had my wifes car. I guess that they take in to consideration that someone else might be driving your car.

I hope things work out for you and God Bless.

update of complaint

AUTHOR: wtf? - (United States of America)

appears to have been a clerical problem at the courthouse, not necessarily with the ticket clinic.  Ultimately I am going with the trust but verify method of believing them, I will check the florida dmv in a couple of days to make sure that I do not suffer a suspension due to having two different agencies of the government trying to communicate with each other.