Complaint Review: The Tire Choice And Total Car Care

• Updated: Thu, February 24, 2011

• Reported By: Jay — Lehigh Acres Florida United States of America
The Tire Choice And Total Car Care
8600 Gladiolus Drive Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

The Tire Choice And Total Car Care Replaced good tire with bad tire Fort Myers, Florida

*General Comment: me43 here

*Author of original report: Updated report

After having a blowout this week, I took my car into The Tire Choice And Total Car Care on Gladiolus in Fort Myers to have it replaced, this work order was for one tire and one tire only. That evening, while driving the car home after service, I notice the thumping sound of a tire bubble on the opposite side of the car, I thought "just my luck", as if it were a coincidence to have a second tire go after having one replaced. Once out of the car, I checked the noisy tire and it was an off brand I have never purchased, not matching the existing tires on the car. This is aside from the blown out tire which was replaced, they did a fine job at replacing that one, but somehow I ended up with an old, cheap, worn out tire placed on the opposite side, not matching my original Firestone tires which are all still in good shape.

I ignored the warnings of two people that this place would rip me off and I did not listen to them. I have no way of proving I did not have one off brand tire placed on my car at some point, so there isn't much more I can do but pass the word on that these guys are ripp off artists. However, we will be having Firestone print out our records to show that we had all four tires replaced with the same brand during our last full service with them, and have never had them place just one off brand tire on the car, just in case we decide to take legal action against The Tire Choice And Total Car Care at 8600 Gladiolus Drive in Fort Myers, for using shady tactics to try and lure us back into their shop for a second tire.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2010 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tire-Choice-And-Total-Car-Care/Fort-Myers-Florida-33908/The-Tire-Choice-And-Total-Car-Care-Replaced-good-tire-with-bad-tire-Fort-Myers-Florida-551694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tire Choice And Total Car Care

#1 General Comment

me43 here

AUTHOR: Bill d - (U.S.A.)

you were thinking about suing over 1 tire????----most people doin tires all day want to do as little as possible--why would some one go through the trouble of taking off another tire to put a bad one on???--that is just all i got to say about that

Updated report

AUTHOR: CJ - (United States of America)

Ignore this complaint, the wife says it is possible her stepfather put two off-brand tires on the car before a trip, his recollection is uncertain and he has no receipts but it makes more sense and I am giving Tire Choice the benefit of the doubt.