Complaint Review: The Tire Choice Rolfes Rd Ft Myers

• Submitted: Wed, November 19, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:port charlotte Florida
The Tire Choice Rolfes Rd Ft Myers
9002 Rolfes Rd Fort Myers Fl Fort Myers, Florida U.S.A.

The Tire Choice Rolfes Rd Ft Myers dangerous 'repair' Fort Myers Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Our Apologies

I went in with nails in 2 tires. One had to be replaced. The other they could 'fix'. The tire was low this morning, they told me to get air and drive 30 min to another Tire Center. Well the fixed tire is now flat in my driveway and their new response is to 'call AAA'. They let me drive on I75 from exit 136 -170 last night on an ill repaired tire and their only response is to call AAA?

They offer no assistance when it is their dangerous service techs fault. This is an unacceptable way to do business.

BEWARE! I should have gone to Walmart which was next door, but I do try to give my business to the smaller companies. Apparently they are too big to need repeat customers and unconcerned about my safety or the safety of the other drivers in SW FL.

I'm not going to Northport. I'll get AAA to help me and I'll go somewhere else for tires.

Another victim
port charlotte, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2008 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tire-Choice-Rolfes-Rd-Ft-Myers/Fort-Myers-Florida-33983/The-Tire-Choice-Rolfes-Rd-Ft-Myers-dangerous-repair-Fort-Myers-Florida-392780. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tire Choice Rolfes Rd Ft Myers

Our Apologies

AUTHOR: Jamie - (U.S.A.)

Dear Anonymous,
My name is Jamie Ward and I would like to apologize for your recent issue regarding the tire repair.
Our team is highly trained with the latest techniques and procedures available as well as the best patch repair products on the market.
Unfortunately, there is a failure rate of the patch repair process due to several factors. The biggest reason a patch may fail to completely seal a tire is what is called "channeling". This when a defect, pinhole or crack is evident in another location of the inner tire liner that the technician can't find. The liner acts like an old fashioned tube and since modern tires are tubeless, a crack or hole in the liner will allow the high pressure to enter the casing of the tire and channel through the belt package of the tire, escaping at the original puncture.
This channeling sometimes does not happen immediately and can develop after the tire has been driven. This may be the cause of the air loss in your tire however without inspection is very difficult to determine.
We do hundred s of tire repairs per month out of our typical location and we routinely go months without seeing a problem...it is very rare their is ever an issue.
I would like to add that we built our company on Total Customer Satisfaction. I would ask you to please contact me personally regarding this matter so I can attempt to make things right. I am confident that we can easily get this resolved to your satisfaction.
Please contact me via email at feedback@thetirechoice.com
Thanks for your time and PLEASE contact me at your soonest convenience!
Thanks,