Complaint Review: The Tire Choice

• Submitted: Mon, August 10, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 10, 2009

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
The Tire Choice
13006 Racetrack Road Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

The Tire Choice Tire Price Ripoff Tampa Florida

Recently I went to a local Tire Choice and got a quote for four tires. The tires in question are the Bridgestone Potenza RE960A/S P P 82H. The quote I received came out to $406.17. This was fine, and I even planned to go back and get these tires put on for this price, but it was just then that I got a flyer in the mail about a new promotion they were having. The promotion was (and as of writing is still is) "Buy three tires and get the fourth free." I thought that this was a pretty good deal, and as long as I'm getting the tires from this company anyway, I might as well get the benefit of the new deal!

Well, I went in for the new quote, and the salesman at the time honoured the "Buy 3, get 4th free" deal with no problem. The only problem was that this new quote, essentially the price for three tires, was $431.95. It seems that the price of three tires is actually more expensive than the price of four. This baffled me, so I showed them the old quote. He immediately started telling me about having to get these tires from tirerack.com, and that the price on the website has increased since the last quote. As soon as I got home, I looked up the price on tirerack, and sure enough, the price is the same it always was, $68.00 per tire, not the $100.71 per tire as listed on the second quote.

I requested the District Manager's number, and the salesman said "Sure!", then immediately told me "Actually, I can't give that to you, give me your number and I'll have him call you." I then called a different Tire Choice location, and got the District Manager's number no problem. He then told me that he'd gladly honour the first quote, but when I told him that the first quote is not what I'm after, since it was the price for 4 tires, and not the buy three get the 4th free, he told me there is nothing he can do for me. The Tire Choice website has no phone numbers for any customer service or customer complaint lines, and the District Manager told me there is not a single person in this company who is above him. (Come on, really?) Steer clear of this company like the plague.

Pavel
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2009 09:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tire-Choice/Tampa-Florida-33626/The-Tire-Choice-Tire-Price-Ripoff-Tampa-Florida-478038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tire Choice