Complaint Review: The Tire Choice

• Updated: Mon, October 31, 2011

• Reported By: Mel — West Palm Beach Florida United States of America
The Tire Choice
7800 W. Okeechobee Blvd. West Palm Beach, Florida United States of America

The Tire Choice over charged for new starter, and told new battery was needed when current battery was a new one West Palm Beach, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: We Want to Help

Car would not start so mechanic from Tire choice came to my home to get it started.  Car was then driven to Tire Choice.

Ben, the manager, informed me that the car needed a new starter which he would give me a discount of $370 + labor, and a new battery for $140 +$30 disposal fee.  He stated that if he put in a new starter that the car would not start unless I got a new battery.

I also told the manager that when I brought the car to them in January 2011 they had installed a new transmission gasket and that it is still leaking.  He looked under the car, without a flashlight, which one of his mechanics had to offer to him.  He stated, this would cost additional ($260).

Told manager to take my car off the lift that I would take it elsewhere.  I then went to Pep Boys and Jiffy Lube for second opinions.  Each stated that the car needed a new starter (cost $268 which included tax and labor), that the battery was new (they each tested the battery and gave me a printout).  They also stated that the part Tire Choice used to fix the transmission gasket was something he used to cut corners, that they could fix it for less, but that I should bring it back to them since they did not do it properly.

Tire Choice is a ripoff and has poor management.  This month another dissatisfied customer was picketing outside their store.   I guess the next step will be to get the media involved.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2011 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tire-Choice/West-Palm-Beach-Florida-33411/The-Tire-Choice-over-charged-for-new-starter-and-told-new-battery-was-needed-when-curren-734742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tire Choice

We Want to Help

AUTHOR: The Tire Choice - (United States of America)

Hi - We take customer service seriously and are taking your complaint into consideration. If you would, please email us at feedback@thetirechoice.com and a company representative will contact you directly within 24 hours. In your email please be sure to provide your contact phone number and any other pertinent details. Thank you.