Complaint Review: The Travel Acedemy

• Updated: Fri, February 15, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — bloomington ave Minnesota United States of America
The Travel Acedemy
7900 International Drive Eagan, Minnesota United States of America

The Travel Acedemy Curt Armstrong The Travel Academy Lied, were Very diseatful, Backstabbers, Not helpful, FAKE, LIERS. DO no attend the Travel Academy unless you want your money stolen, lost or never seen. I am in the Military and we Eagan, Minnesota

*General Comment: My Travel Academy Experience

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Not a Ripoff .People is over exaggerating.

*UPDATE Employee: Changes

*Consumer Comment: Results may vary, you get what you put into something, mine was great.

I attended the Travel Academy in OCT 11, this school has lied, cheat and treated me like a pice of crap. They are not helpful at all, if they dont like you in any way they treat you less then human, they keep people in there houseing that drink, do drugs, yet profess not to have that stuff there. Kick good people out and keep bad people. They are so fake. Oh yea they will throw your mail away if you sent it to them. Curt Armstrong and his staff are just out for your money. Curt armstrong makes about $3000 on a one room apt.. when a normal apt is about $650 a month. He chareges $500 a month per a person that live in a one room apt. tell me thats not a rip off. Plus the class time is so cheap you wont learn anything. yet you will pay about $4000 for it. They are to help you get hired, but they dont help at all. All if them are so fake.. If you like FAKE people this is your place. If not look else where. if you like to be lied to, cheated, stolen from then heres the perfect place. Im telling you from first hand you will be very disapointed.  I wouldnt recommend this school to anyone not even my dog.. Dont let Curt Armstrong fool you either, hes got a bog talk over the phone. All he wants is your money and nothing in return. Hes all about lots of money. he could careless on how well you do. And dont go to Compass airlines they are the worst airlines too curt pushes them too. well thats all I have to say about trash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2012 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Travel-Acedemy/Eagan-Minnesota-55303/The-Travel-Acedemy-Curt-Armstrong-The-Travel-Academy-Lied-were-Very-diseatful-Backstabbe-872508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Travel Acedemy

#1 General Comment

My Travel Academy Experience

AUTHOR: ET - (United States of America)

I am a Fall 2012 Graduate of The Travel Academy, and I would recommend it to anyone.  I will say that I had a difficult time while I was there, but it wasn't with the staff, it was other students (only 3 or 4), but through all that drama, the staff was fair in their mediations, and kept me going instead of getting caught up and just throwing me out, or letting me quit.  That was my ONLY problem at this school.

It took me 4 months after graduation to get my job. I was turned down for several, and I also turned down a few that just didn't fit my salary requirements, where to live, etc.  There was a moment when I thought I had wasted my money on The Travel Academy, but I still kept on applying for jobs, and staying in touch with Jackie, who always had time to point me in the right direction.  Finally, just yesterday, I landed my dream job starting out at $30,000 a year, plus full benefits that I qualify for my first day of work.  This is more than I have ever expected in a career, and I wouldn't have landed this job, had it not been for the coursework and preparation I received at The Travel Academy.

I am sorry your experience wasn't as good as mine, but my advice to you is to keep on applying---these interviews are tough, but I know the Career Development training at The Travel Academy will get you through those tough interviews.  The best things in life take time.......just give it time and let The Travel Academy help you because they will...not matter how long it takes, your dream job will be yours before you know it!!!

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Not a Ripoff .People is over exaggerating.

AUTHOR: CrystalL - (United States of America)

I am 20 years old, and I am currently a student at the travel academy,I will be graduating next week. The travel academy has been a wonderful experience for me. The travel academy has polished me to be the best candidate for any job I desire in the travel industry. Not only have I gotten training in flight attendant safety, airport codes and FAA regulations, they provide additional information for working on cruise lines and being an travel agent. To say that this school is a ripoff is like saying all schools is an ripoff. Why deny something you have not experience for yourself nor tried to gain more knowledge on. Without the travel academy I wouldn't have been prepare for any interview. The teachers, teaches you the in's and out's, how to dress,questions to ask after interviews, how to make an correct resume and cover letter. I now have a job at go jet airlines thanks to the travel academy and will be starting my training for them in the next 4 weeks. Not only did the travel academy teach me the things to get a job they prepared me to have a better future, made me more confident in myself, before this I was attendant an University College where I personally don't think I would have had an career afterwards. The teachers work with every individual as much as need and you will only have a bad experience with this school if u failed to apply your self. What You put in is what you get. Besides the travel academy being very supportive and helpful they will send out recommendations for you that actually try the best to either have you interviewed with serval jobs or graduating with one. No you do not need to go to the travel academy but if you want to have unlimited jobs offerings,professional training, fully prepared for them flight attendant schools that you are required to take prior to being an flight attendant , then the travel academy is your best bet. Iv gain so much knowledge in this last 10 weeks then I have been in college for the past 2 years. I dont see how someone can past up a great opportunity. They provide housing where you don't have to pay for no utilities take you on weekly shopping for groceries and have transportation to take you to and from school. If thats a ripoff then I dont want my money back. I have gotten really attached to my roommates and my teachers even the staff in the office. This school is very much need for those individuals like me that don't want to keep attending a for four year college and want to get their careers started now. If you don't think your education nor future is worth the cost the just work at Mc Donalds or some other retail/ fast food restaurant for the rest of your life because it's obvious you don't want to expand nor succeed in life.

Changes

AUTHOR: iergf92 - (United States of America)

The Travel Academy has made many changes I'm sure, since you attended there. I am about to graduate next Friday on the 24th of august. This school is 100% legit, it is not a scam. YES there are a few things that could change, but that is with every growing company. They have moved buildings and apartments. For my 2 1/2 month course, i only paid $100 a week for rent for a very nice, comfortable, 2 bedroom apartment. The school does NOT lie to you or cheat you, although some people do have their own opinions, I just don't want others to get the wrong impression about this school. I am in a class of 35 students, and the class that is starting in September is going to be well over 50 students. It's a fact that The Travel Academy is growing and rapidly. They have wonderful teachers who help you along the way. Yes the school can be tough but that's because they want you to be there for the right reasons and to be serious about being there. You cannot choose this school just because its short term. Shorter school does not mean easier. We have lost 2 students this class course, but only because they did break the rules. Yes the rules are strict, but they are that way for a good reason. As a Travel Academy student, when you apply for certain jobs, you get moved to the top of the list . This is what happens with Norwegian Cruise Line. I applied for them just last week, and yesterday was my interview with them. I am now a new shipboard employee of The Pride Of America ship based in Hawaii.  I could not have gotten this job, or been prepared for the interview without the help of this school. I have heard both good and bad about TTA, but over all, they know what they are doing, BUT they are willing to take criticism and if something can change for the good of the school they are willing to try.

Results may vary, you get what you put into something, mine was great.

AUTHOR: Juan R. - (United States of America)

As of June 8th 2012, I am a graduate of The Travel Academy. I would advise anyone to attend the school. I was hired by an airline on June 12th. The school focuses on teaching you all the ins and outs of how to become an outstanding flight attendant. They cover all different subjects from FAR's to how to stand out in the crowd. The instructors work with you step by step to make sure you are successful. They have worked in the industry and they know what they are talking about.

The staff and instructors stand next to you every step of the way. They are amazing people and want you to be the best that you can be. They also cover the Cruise Industry and how to become a Travel Agent. I would recommend taking the 300 hour course because there is so much more material to cover. Before coming here I had no direction, and now I can say, I did the best thing I could have done with my life. I am in an industry that I have always loved, and I am around people that are positive and want the best for me.

Take the next step and sign up, worth every penny. If money is an issue, they offer payment plans and finical aid. Trust me on this one, the knowledge that you will gain will last you a life time. They will also work with you until you are hired. If your out of state, they offer housing, great location and nice apartments. I can't stress this enough, the staff, the instructors, the placement director, are the greatest people I have come across in my life, I have gained a world of knowledge by attending the school, I now know what I am capable of doing and I will be successful at any job I hold.