1. attended a presentation for the Wealth Building Weekend, in Toronto, with the Trump Institute on October 27, 2007
2. On November 6, I sent the following email:
This is to inform you that I am canceling my application for the Wealth Building Weekend Seminar as of today November 6, 2007.
3. On November 7, I received the following answer:
It is unfortunate that you have decided to not pursue the Trump Institute's Wealth Building Weekend at this time.
Please read and follow the return instructions carefully to avoid delay in receiving your refund.
I also received some information as to how to return the book.
4. On November 8, I received the information re: UPS
5. I followed the instruction and returned the book on time, even before the deadline, through UPS. I have the papers to prove it.
6. This is a copy of the email I sent on December 4:
This is a follow-up to the email I received on November 7, 2007.
I have complied to your requests to avoid delay in receiving a refund. I would also like to remind you of your agreement:
You, the buyer, (me) may cancel this agreement without any penalty, at any time prior to midnight of the tenth business day after the date of this transaction.
I have also complied to this agreement.
I now request the refund for the $1,499.00 that I paid on October 27th.
I thank you for your attention regarding this matter and am now expecting a refund at your earliest convenience.
7. I received this message:
This is an automatic response - please do not reply to this message.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us at www.TrumpInstitute.com
We will respond to your message within 24-48 hours.
If you need to contact us again, please use this email address: xxx
IP Address of the poster was (xxx)- please quote this when reporting any issues - thank you.
***I waited 48 hours and got no response.
8. On Wednesday December 5, I received a call from someone called Nick, he said he was from The Learning Annex, he said he just wanted to get some feedback from the seminars given at The Learning Annex. The communication was not too good so when I told him so, he simply hung up.
9. On Friday December 7, Nick called back. I asked him if he was involved with the Trump Institute. He said he was working for the Trump Institute and he said something about also working for The Learning Annex. I then asked him if he was calling about the email I had sent. He said, No. He then proceeded to ask me questions about Real Estate and told me I was entitled to a free consultation on Real Estate. I told him this was not a good time to discuss that because I was on my way out. I asked him to give me his phone numbers and told him I could call him back. He hung up.
10. I just checked with my credit card company and there was no posting for a refund.
11. I did not contact them again because it has become obvious that they are trying to avoid giving me a refund.
12. I started doing some research and found your website. I have seen that for one of the cases The Learning Annex has refunded the money to the individual who requested it.