Complaint Review: The University of Advancing Technology

• Reported By: Michelle A — Brunswick Georgia United States of America
The University of Advancing Technology
2625 W. Baseline Road Tempe, Arizona United States of America

The University of Advancing Technology I am a victim also Tempe, Arizona

I am also a victim of UAT deceptive practices. Back in 2007 I was one semester away from graduating when a fellow classmate informed me that their accreditation was not recognized by many colleges and universities. I was devasted. I trusted their financial aid and admission representative when they informed me that they were accredited. I did not know where to turn or who to turn too. I came across Kaplan University thinking well I just finish my education there, but low and behold they were out to do the same thing. UAT held my transcripts hostage because I left without formally withdrawing. When Kaplan requested my transcripts they would not give them up. I have the e-mails to prove it. Education Fraud was not a practicing law at the time, so I did not think anything could be done about it, so the only thing I knew to do at the time was to attempt my education somewhere else. An admission representative told me not to state that I left because they were accreditied because they may not release my transcripts and would therefore prevent me from enrolling. Me being the trusting person that I am believed him. Well, to make a long story short both UAT and Kaplan University deceived me. However, if it were not for what UAT did to me I would have a PHD by now. I hate what they did to me, but I will not stand by and take it. I don't care if I have to shout to the ends of the earth. Before I am through everyone will know what a blood bank they are to people who want to better their life. I don't give up easily and I will file a complaint with whomever I need to get the situation resolve. Students don't invest in for-profit institutions they will ruin you financially.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-University-of-Advancing-Technology/Tempe-Arizona-/The-University-of-Advancing-Technology-I-am-a-victim-also-Tempe-Arizona-968693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The University of Advancing Technology