Complaint Review: The Vacation Station

• Submitted: Fri, April 03, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 14, 2012

• Reported By:denver Colorado
The Vacation Station
101 Meeting St Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

The Vacation Station signed up for membership after presentation, never heard from them, they refuse to credit my charge card Charleston South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: SCAM

*Author of original report: The Vacation Station, Charleston, SC. makes things right

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: No complaints from members traveling with THe Vacation Station

*Author of original report: The Vacation Station, Charleston, SC.

Signed up for $3000 membership after listening to presentation. It sounded good, I was interested. After returning home, I inquired by email about several of their vacation promos. I never heard from them although after disputing with my credit card co., they provided copies of emails they had sent. How weird is that. And no, I also checked junk mail files.

Susan
denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2009 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Vacation-Station/Charleston-South-Carolina/The-Vacation-Station-signed-up-for-membership-after-presentation-never-heard-from-them-t-440650. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Vacation Station

SCAM

AUTHOR: Matthew Allen - (United States of America)

I was lured in with a letter from an airline that doesn't even exist..US Airlines. They offered me a $1400 round-trip travel voucher for sitting through a 60 minute presentation on the service they provide. Turns out, the phony letter was created from a marketing firm who works for Vacation Station and they "offer" deeply discounted travel deals...for a membership fee. The price to join was $8995, but if I join today it's $6995! But wait there's more...if I was the first of our group to sign up, it dropped to $5995! But wait there's more, if you say you're broke it drops to $4995, then $3995, then $2995 and finally $2100 for the premium package that someone else bought but didn't finish paying for! We politely declined and collected our round trip airline voucher. This voucher has a $5.00 processing fee, a $50 activation fee and then you pay $59 to BOOK the flight. I'm not in the mood to list all of the restrictions for the flight, so just google "Passport to Travel" complaints out of Tampa. Their reputation is equally as unimpressive as the Vacation Station. Most notable is the requirement to return the registration packet within 30 days, several reviews I read stated that the return envelope was received with a date stamped on the front which was over 30 days prior to the current date. For ex: One was received Jan 9th with a red stamp on the front reading "December 6th" Ha ha dont count on it folks!

The Vacation Station, Charleston, SC. makes things right

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

The CEO of The Vacation Station has amicably resolved the dispute I have filed against his company. I know every business receives complaints, but the manner in which he has dealt with my issue should help determine his company's reputation. He has done what he can do to make things right.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

No complaints from members traveling with THe Vacation Station

AUTHOR: Randy - (U.S.A.)

We have no complaints from our members that use our program. We also have no unresolved complaints at the BBB. If you are a member and need help my office is always available.

The Vacation Station, Charleston, SC.

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

updated 4/06/09 Called CEO of company who declares he has never had any complaints and that his company is the best of all vacation clubs. He says in no way will he refund my membership fee. I let him know that the BBB of S.C. has had numerous complaints and that his company is rated C-.