expert

• Submitted: Sun, January 20, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: Darrin — Vallejo California United States of America
The Vellman Movado Watch Seller

The Vellman Movado Watch Seller The Vellman Buyer Beware...U get What U Pay For... Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Buyer owned watch 5 month before contact

I feel it my duty to issue a cautionary tale to those seeking to do business with the gentleman selling reconditioned Movado timepieces under the name "The Vellman" on eBay.

What may at first seem like an incredible deal might not be all it's cracked up to be. Always remember the tried and true axiom that one "gets what one pays for." I was reminded of this lesson in spades after taking the bait.

Around July or August of 2012, I purchased a used-reconditioned men's Movado Certe model from eBay seller the Vellman.  The watch was described in the listing as "like new."  Seller provides a 14 day money back guarantee which he touts, but the watch stopped working almost to the second of when this 14 day window ended.  And, I don't believe that this was a complete coincidence.

Bottom line, I ended up having to send the watch back east to Movado to repair & fix. The amount I spent on this used timepiece to get it functional again far exceeded the cost of what I could have purchased it for new at retail. I tried to talk to the Vellman in an amicable way via emails, but his response was basically "tough luck kid." My advice to anyone looking to purchase from him would be to just wait, be patient and save your money to buy your watch new from a reputable retailer like Macy's or Zales, etc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2013 01:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Vellman-Movado-Watch-Seller/internet/The-Vellman-Movado-Watch-Seller-The-Vellman-Buyer-BewareU-get-What-U-Pay-For-Interne-1000005. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Vellman Movado Watch Seller

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Buyer owned watch 5 month before contact

AUTHOR: thevellman - (United States of America)

My eBay feedback Is 100% positive with well over over 6000 very happy Movado buyers.  Ebay has awarded me "Top Rated Plus Seller" Status along with being a "Platinum" level Power Seller. I have an excellent 11 year proven sales record on eBay with a near perfect 5 star customer satisfaction rating.

This buyer contacted me 5 months after making his purchase of a used Movado watch. I clearly stated in listing I offer a 14 day return policy. I do not know of a single eBay seller that will accept a return on a used item 5 month after a sale.

My selling reputation of Movado watches online is excellent with several repeat buyers every month. Potential buyers please feel free to visit my website and eBay store and you will see for yourself that my reputation is as I have stated

Please see my current inventory by going to   www.thevellman.com   and click any image to take you to my eBay store and feedback rating.