Complaint Review: The Visitor Center, Steve Nicol, Wayne Nixon

• Submitted: Mon, June 08, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 30, 2010

• Reported By:Idaho Falls Idaho
The Visitor Center, Steve Nicol, Wayne Nixon
6000 E Evans Ave #I-260 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

The Visitor Center, Steve Nicol, Wayne Nixon Blatant misrepresentation. Failure to refund monies owed. Denver Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Visitor Center now known as Vacation Center

*Author of original report: Please advise if you can now find their physical location. Tried legal service and failed. They have moved to avoid eviction.

*Consumer Comment: Another Victim

*Consumer Comment: Another Victim

My wife and I were excited to go on our dream Hawaii anniversary. We took a chance with The Visitor Center and had a terrible customer service experience. Because the airlines cancelled our flight (which we realize can happen), Wayne @ the Visitor Center was to give us alternative options. I ended up booking my own flight and as Wayne agreed, it was a great deal that they could not beat. In addition, he told me we would be receiving a refund for $752.50.

After several months and documented e-mail conversations from Wayne Nixon, he then told me the wholesaler had our money not The Visitor Center. I told him I did not care how they collected their money I was doing business with them not their wholesalers. He went on to tell me that their attorney was going to write a letter to the wholesaler and that should do it and for me to remain patient.

After more time expired and he began ignoring my calls, I sent a certified letter along with documentation regarding what was stated as owed to us to the CEO, Steve Nicol. He ignored it. I then went to the Denver BBC trying to resolve. To me this was a no brainer; especially with clear documentation. To make a long story shorter, it went unresolved and Mr. Nicol had no answer for his employee's e-mails to me.

I am now forced to take legal action. To many this may not seem like a great deal of money but to me it is and it is also a matter of principle. If anyone else is seeking or has sought legal action, please let me know. I would welcome any input. This company is bad news. Deal with a local travel source you can trust.

Brian
Idaho Falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2009 11:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Visitor-Center-Steve-Nicol-Wayne-Nixon/Denver-Colorado-80222/The-Visitor-Center-Steve-Nicol-Wayne-Nixon-Blatant-misrepresentation-Failure-to-refund-459877. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Visitor Center, Steve Nicol, Wayne Nixon

Visitor Center now known as Vacation Center

AUTHOR: Amandarenna - (U.S.A.)

Brian,

I don't know if you've visited their site in a while, but it looks as though they've started operating under a new name. Maybe this will help with your lawsuit? They can now be found at http://www.vacation1234.com and are calling themselves "The Vacation Center." Still no physical address listed, but they even have a twitter link ( http://www.twitter.com/vacation_center) and a facebook page (www.facebook.com/pages/The-Vacation-Center/369370589409).

This is so frustrating!!! I eventually got my refund through my credit card company, thank God, but I can't stand that they are still able to get their hands on other innocent victims! I can't afford to be involved in a lawsuit, but if you need anyone to discredit them, I'm happy to help!

Thanks,
Amanda

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

If anyone out there knows where The Visitor Center is now located please post it so others can know it. I tried the legal route. When the Sherriffs deputy tried to serve them my small claims action, it appears they are no longer there. I personally spoke to the deputy doing the service and she said that the property management firm told her they were about to be evicted and left. I called their 800# and they are still doing business somewhere.... I am guessing in Denver. I asked the person on the phone for their physical address and she would not give it. She only said they do most of their business over the internet. I called the property management business and of course due to privacy issues, they would not give out any info. It is amazing this place is still in business. If you cannot find them, you cannot serve them with legal papers. This place needs to be shut down. I even tried e-mailing their website for their physical location to no avail. Consumers beware. I only hope that somehow....someone somewhere possibly considering doing business with this company, sees these reports and does not. If anyone knows where they are now physically located please post! Thank you.

Another Victim

AUTHOR: Quilter - (U.S.A.)

I am currently going through the same thing. I had to cancel a trip to Australia. We were told that we would get a refund of $780 and it would show up on my credit card statement after two billing cycles. I have now gone through four cycles and no refund.

I have emailed the agent I worked with, John Caruso, several times. At first he would answer and tell me he was checking into it. Now he doesn't answer at all. I called them and they put me through to the accounting office. Of course, no one was there but I left a message - no response. I called again and tried to talk to the person answering the phone. During mid sentence, she put me on hold and never came back. I called right back and a man answered and said he couldn't help me. When I asked who in the company higher up could help me, he also put me on hold and never came back.

I have filed a complaint with the Denver Better Business Bureau but assume nothing will come of it especially after reading this post. I, too, will have to go the legal route. I wonder how many others are out there with the same issue.

Another Victim

AUTHOR: Quilter - (U.S.A.)