- Report: #1015983
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: The Watch Store
The Watch StoreInternet United States of America
The Watch Store watch-way.com Placed 2 orders for watches; US$422 and US$1214. Original orders 13 January 2013. 11 days passed, then emails commenced on credit card verification processing including demands for photo copies, Internet
*Author of original report: Response to quick question
*Consumer Comment: Quick question?
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
- An initial online order placed 11 January 2013 and declined with no reason? Total value US$422
- 2nd attempt to place order made on 13 January, and confirmed same date. Order number 25577
- January 18; advice received to state order processed successfully.
- January 22: advice received to state order processed successfully?
- January 24: advice received to state order is in production with scheduled shipping date 30 January.
- January 25: 2nd order placed and confirmed in process. Total value US$1214. Order number 25612
- January 25: order on hold for security reasons and request to provide security authorisation code from bank or order will be cancelled.
- January 26: miscellaneous emails on reasons for security requests, mis-matching shipping / billing address - due to bank account name and supplier client name slight difference with middle names, etc. last 6 digits, expiry dates, CVV and full name given
- January 26: email received from supplier - demanding both sides of all credit cards used for all transactions or order will be cancelled.
- January 26 - received confirmation from my bank that the 2nd order charge had been successfully processed.
- Jan 26 / 27 - various emails including a snide comment from supplier when I tried to explain one card was a "virtual credit card" and I did not have hard copies of both sides of card and my name does not appear on card surface and no signature exists. 1st order also raised as now pending security clearance for payment, despite earlier confirmation payment and processing completed?
- Jan 26/ 27 - various emails and including a snide remark from supplier - [quote] Dont try to play games.Provide copy from credit card and cardholder ID.Otherwise your payment will be on hold for 180 days, then it will be returned back to the card. [end quote]. This followed my own email asking how they could now say the 1st order was now on hold pending payment clearance, and my statement asking why they had given a shipping date if payment was now in question and a charge had already been processed on 20 January on the first order credit card?
- Requests then followed for copies of 1st and 2nd credit cards, as well as Passport or ID - this was done.
- 27 January, first order was confirmed.
- 27 January, second order pending clearance
- Between 29 January to 6 February monitor on line tracking information for order - which stated all orders were pending payment
- Subsequent on line submission to help desk - no response
- Subsequent emails February 6 and February 11 - status request, attempted to view on line tracking information and received red warning advice stating I did not have user access rights to a link they gave me to view the tracking process
- On line order site states order are still pending payment clearance from banks
- 12 February - I have sent notice to both card companies to terminate transactions, now pending their further advice on if this can be done on the grounds - goods or services not received from online trading.
- Within the website of the Watch Store, they state they can deliver anywhere in the world, they insure the items ordered and they make promises of legitimacy and authentic products. They have a return policy. They have an online support however it is always "off-line". They have ceased communications with me following card transaction completion and confirmations
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 10:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Watch-Store/internet/The-Watch-Store-watch-waycom-Placed-2-orders-for-watches-US422-and-US1214-Original-o-1015983. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.