Complaint Review: The Wedding Dress Bridal, Judy Nickles

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Long Beach California
The Wedding Dress Bridal, Judy Nickles
28545 OLD TOWN FRONT STREET 201-A, Temecula, California USA

The Wedding Dress Bridal, Judy Nickles Wedding dress scam! She claims you get a designer dress but its a cheap knock off! Temecula California

I did a Bridal Show for this woman a couple of years ago and she was very nice. Her company claims to get "designer gowns" for a cheaper price. At the time of the scam, I had just moved to Ohio  from California. I found the wedding dress I wanted but I simply could not afford to pay for it all at once. Judy (owner of the company) claimed she could get me the exact same DESIGNER dress for $750 instead if $1100 it retailed at. She also claimed she would let me make payments on the dress until I paid it off.

I paid off the dress by November 2012 (my wedding was in April 2013). I asked over and over again if I was getting the exact same designer gown on the website? I emailed mailed photos of the Allure gown I was supoosed to receive so there would be no confusion. 1 month before the wedding I receive the gown. It is 100% polyester, no tags, and made in china. The real Allure gown is Charmeuse Satin. [continued below]....

..... The dress I received had a very long train (the Allure gown has very little train).

The knock off I had received looked awful and I had no choice but to find another wedding gown 1 month before my wedding with virtually no money at the time to pay for another dress. AFter visiting numerous Bridal Shops in 3 cities I was able to get the real allure gown I wanted (off the rack at a bridal salon because the Allure was sold out) for a cheaper price but at this point I had to borrow money and pay double for 2 dresses (1 including the knock off).

I offered to pay for shipping and to return the knock off to Judy in exchange for my money but she claimed  "she didn't do exchanges on Bridal and I receieved a designer gown". She wouldn't even acknowledge the dress was a knock off! Not only did I have to find a new dress 1 month before my wedding I had to go through extensive alterations because the dress was 2 sizes too small but it was the very last chance I had at getting a dress in time for the wedding. I proceeded to call Judy about returning the dress abd my money but she hung up on me. The Wedding Dress Bridal is a scam and please don't let anyone waste their money on their terrible products!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Wedding-Dress-Bridal-Judy-Nickles/Temecula-California-92590/The-Wedding-Dress-Bridal-Judy-Nickles-Wedding-dress-scam-She-claims-you-get-a-designer-1053262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Wedding Dress Bridal, Judy Nickles