Complaint Review: The Work Number - theworknumber.com - Talx Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, November 16, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, December 03, 2010

• Reported By: Laurie — Jefferson City Missouri United States of America
The Work Number - theworknumber.com - Talx Corporation

The Work Number - theworknumber.com - Talx Corporation Charges for Employment Verification St Louis, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Quality of Service Warning

Just want to say that when attempting to verify an applicant's employment history today, I had to contact the Work Number since the company outsourced.  I called the Work Number and was told that I would have to register and set up an account with them before I could verify the information.  I was asked to provide detailed information about myself and my employer in order to set up this account.  Once the account was arranged, and I was verified, I had to go online to login to the account in order to verify the applicant's information.  Finally, once I had begun to submit my request for the verification (nothing more than verification of dates of employment and salary by the way), I found I would have to pay a fee (either $14 or $17 depending on what details I needed).  I was not authorized to pay a fee by my employer.  I had to decline, could not verify the applicant's information, and wasted my valuable time.  I did follow up and notify the original company about what took place, but that doesn't help this applicant to get a job, nor does it help me to complete the background investigation I was working on.  I would presume that the company that outsourced to The Work Number has already paid a fee for this service.  They are basically charging twice to handle a person's employment information.  One charge to the original employer and one to the prospective employer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2009 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Work-Number-theworknumbercom-Talx-Corporation/internet/The-Work-Number-theworknumbercom-Talx-Corporation-Charges-for-Employment-Verificati-524490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Work Number - theworknumber.com - Talx Corporation

Quality of Service Warning

AUTHOR: ConcernedCitizen - (United States of America)

I started working for a new company who uses this company and found this company's level of service to be exceptionally poor; I have spent more than one hour just trying to get someone on the phone. The company requires a salary key in order to approve someone else to verify your employee information, however, this salary key is not provided by my company's HR department, and requires me to figure it out which requires me to spend an unusually long period of time waiting to talk with someone on the phone. It is definitely the worst customer service that I have ever received. I have also sent the company an email, however, they only provided a phone number which will require an employee to wait 1-2 hours on the phone in order to talk to someone on the phone. Judging from the other post on this site I don't believe that employers or finance companies will be able to easily verify an employees employment and salary.

Hopefully, less employers will use this company in the future.

Rudy