Complaint Review: The Work Number

• Updated: Sun, July 31, 2011

• Reported By: Xplorador — Harrisburg Pennsylvania United States of America
The Work Number

The Work Number Employment Verification -- Internet

I am very disappointed that WalMart has chosen to use this service for their employment verification service.  I was given a company code, but was not given a password to access the information.  I had to waste my time scrolling through "theworknumber" website, only to find out that I would not be able to get any employment information unless I paid a fee, or had Walmart's password.  I am a small business owner, I may hire someone once every five years. And, I am not going to pay a fee.  I believe if a company is going to outsource its verification process, it should should pay for the inquiries.  That is just part of doing business.  If I were one of the employees, I would be very upset that my employment information is being blocked from potential employers.  It does hurt the applicant.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2011 03:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Work-Number/internet/The-Work-Number-Employment-Verification-Internet-758907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Work Number