Complaint Review: The Zaken Corporation

• Submitted: Wed, March 24, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 18, 2013

• Reported By:New York New York
The Zaken Corporation
20700 Plummer St. Chatsworth, California U.S.A.

The Zaken Corporation Didn't get refund for "Lifetime Directory Subscription" Chatsworth California

Ok here's my story. I ordered the Step Up to Wealth program for $148 early feb. Read the whole manual, got excited, and was getting ready to start this great business - and it is a great business if it's run honestly.

A week later I get the "Lifetime Directory Subscription" offer which sounded too good to be true, but the company appeared honest to me so I ordered this extension of the program for $498. A few days later after I spent the $498 I came across this site (ripoffreport) by chance - I forgot the web address of the ZC and did a google search. Well, I was shocked to read the horror stories of others. So, I thought about it carefully and returned both items by certified mail and thought I would get a full refund of over $600 - instead they only refunded me the $148 after I called them a week later.

When I called back they said that the only way to get the $498 back was to do a deal with them! I really feel ripped off but keep this in mind - they will not refund the Lifetime Directory program! Read the letter carefully, especially return policies if any - but I would not deal with this company ever again based on my experience and those of others. And, I will also google search and search this site for any future "opportunities".

I am also convinced that this company is not interested in doing deals, but rather making money with "upselling".

Bob
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2004 07:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Zaken-Corporation/Chatsworth-California-91311/The-Zaken-Corporation-Didnt-get-refund-for-Lifetime-Directory-Subscription-Chatsworth-C-85142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Zaken Corporation