Complaint Review: (The insidious) "UNITED PUBLISHERS OF AMERICA"

• Submitted: Fri, December 21, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Sara — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
(The insidious) "UNITED PUBLISHERS OF AMERICA"
Internet, Georgia United States of America

(The insidious) "UNITED PUBLISHERS OF AMERICA" Dad always told me, "Sounds too good to be true, it almost always is too good to be true." Internet, Georgia

I call them The insidious United Publishers of America because even as I was being sucked in by the United Publishers of America they seemed to have a quick answer for every single probing question I had. They tag teamed me, I did not realize it at the time.

They promised I would get written confirmation of the order before the money was taken from my account then quickly said something about the "already pre-paid authorization" I gave them. Telling them I didn't really need any magazines didn't help. With a promise of $500 in store coupons and this beautiful authenticated watch... and definite good chances in a $5,000 cash prize next month!

They were persistent. They had a lot of information on me like my address, the first and last few numbers on my card and they convinced me they wouldn't touch my empty card account until next month as long as they could get proof I had money in that or a linked, (my checking) account. Like an idiot, I fell for it all.

I contacted my bank twice in the night worried about it and had a freeze put on any request for $42.40 or any request at all from "United Publishers of America". I will be checking my account every single day until ANY suspicious charge shows up (because it may be for a LOT more if they know I'm onto them),then I'm going to try to contact the local news where there is a fellow who specializes in exposing scam artists like this but I don't know if he'll listen because of two simple reasons. He may do a report just because of these two simple reasons... (1) I haven't been taken...(yet) and am being very vigilant and contacted my bank Immediately. (2) It may or may not be a large amount of money they are trying to scam out of me at first but... If there are hundreds or thousands of "marks", other victims of theirs out there we could be talking, hundreds of thousands of dollars!

Wish me luck-signed,
THE SUCKER.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 08:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-insidious-UNITED-PUBLISHERS-OF-AMERICA/Internet-Georgia-/The-insidious-UNITED-PUBLISHERS-OF-AMERICA-Dad-always-told-me-Sounds-too-good-to-be-985354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on (The insidious) "UNITED PUBLISHERS OF AMERICA"