Complaint Review: The weave shop

• Updated: Fri, June 07, 2013

• Reported By: Karen — Atlanta Georgia
The weave shop
Piedmont road ne Atlanta, Select State/Province USA

The weave shop Very humiliating experience at the Buckhead location Atlanta Georgia

Ladies

This is the Buckhead location!

I want to share my experience.  I usually don't wear a weave but decided to give it a try after I experience hair breakage.  Since my hairdresser normally charges $200, I decided to go the cheap route, especially since I was going to keep the weave in for only 2 weeks.   Well I have to say, I have never been so intimidated in my life until my experience today at The Weave Shop in Buckhead.

The cashier asked me to prepay for the service.  She advised me that this was a policy.  I told her that I was at the location 2 hours ago to get my previous weave removed and I didn't have to prepay the $25 for this service.   Besides, I had been at the same location 3 times before and did not pre-pay.  I also watched several clients pay after the services rendered. The cashier called the owner.  The owner asked to speak with me but I refused to talk to the owner.  Instead I wanted my stylist to focus on completing my hair and I did not want to take any time out arguing with the owner.   She then told me that they would call the cops and me.  Really?  Well, I still refused to prepay, especially since my stylist was near completion.  After my stylist finished my hair, I paid the $65 (yes, she was going to call the cops over $65) and I tipped my braider and stylist, like I do in all situations.  I told them that I will never return to The Weave Shop. The reason is, I have never been threaten like this.  I'm not a ghetto fabulous woman and even if I was, this does not give you the right to threaten people when they refuse to prepay.  I never refused to pay for the services, only refused prepay, which is something you should not have to do before you are able to see the finished work.  While I do not know their typical clientele,  I'm not the one to argue or cause a problem over $65.   I pay more than that at my regular stylist each week.  You draw the line with me when you threaten to waste my tax paying dollars calling the cops.  Really, I mean really.

For the record, this was the Buckhead location.  I'm not sure all locations have the poor service but I'm done with The Weave Shop, all locations.  I came home in tears because I have never been humiliated like this....seriously.

Life is too short to get upset over, what?, Well in this situation, nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2013 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-weave-shop/Atlanta-Select-StateProvince/The-weave-shop-Very-humiliating-experience-at-the-Buckhead-location-Atlanta-Georgia-1057422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The weave shop