Complaint Review: TheNerds.net

• Updated: Wed, November 28, 2012

• Reported By: Tim — Oklahoma City Oklahoma United States of America
TheNerds.net
2680 NE 188th Street Miami Beach, Florida United States of America

TheNerds.net lied, misrepresented, failed to deliver as promised Miami Beach, Florida

I purchased a Digital Camera on their web site on a Saturday.  Of course the money was withheld or blocked from my account until it is returned/refunded.

On Monday Evening, some guy calls from thenerds.net and says he wants to verify my order because they have had several fraudulent attempts to purchase that particular camera. Really? That sounded strange to me, as well as when I had to offer the issuing credit card company's phone number during the purchase, but I felt a little relief that the camera was promised to be shipped the following day, Tuesday.  On Wednesday, the money was extracted out of my account and an email arrived late saying a refund would be issued because the item was back-ordered.  He obviously outright lied as he verbally told me the camera would be shipped the next day.

Have you ever purchased anything on the web where they didn't tell you they were OUT OF STOCK before you placed the order? We'll see how long it takes to get my money back into the account.  My suspicion is that they use this money for 4 or 5 days then give it back.

The first reviews I read for thenerds.net were good, but after this happened I dug deeper and found all the scandals and bad service.  The BBB is worthless and I will never rely on them again either...  They give the Nerds.net a 5 star rating simply because they responded to the 38 customer complaints on file.  No single customer was satisfied with the resolutions, but they get credit because they responded? What about the customers that were mistreated or ripped off?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheNerdsnet/Miami-Beach-Florida-33180/TheNerdsnet-lied-misrepresented-failed-to-deliver-as-promised-Miami-Beach-Florida-975324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheNerds.net