Complaint Review: TheNorthFaceWarehouseSale.net

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: rjt01566 — Sturbridge Massachusetts
Internet USA

TheNorthFaceWarehouseSale.net Counterfeit product website posing at North Face official website China China

Received an email from something called thenorthfacewarehousesale.net, advertising North Face winter jackets for sale at up to 50% off.  This was in early April, so it didn't seem implausible.  When I ordered the jacket, the invoice and the other documents I received in my email all had the official looking The North Face red-background logo on them.  Upon very close examination I noted (much later on when I became suspiciousk) that the trademark sign on the logo looked like it had been erased or at least reduced to where it was not visible at normal reading.  The jacket was delivered to the US from China, which made me start thinking --  my wife had the same jacket in the women's version and it was made in El Salvador.  The jacket I ordered was recieved at the USPS ISC in New York on April 20, where it has remained.  No other information is available from the post office concerning the tracking number I received in an emai from the vendor.  Plus, paymnet was through something called TenpayGlobal, which I never heard of before.  Comments on consumer complaint bulletin boards state that any product received internationally that is held in the USPS ISC in New York for more than 2-3 days has probably been seized due to it containing contraband or being counterfeit.  I have an open email to the customer service of these guys plus an emai to the official North Face website (thenorthface.com) requesting information on this item and this suspect website.  I have also alerted my credit card company and had the charge ($94.42) placed in dispute.  The credit card company will be mailing me the paperwork to enter the dispute.  Replies from the official northface website and the bogus website will be sent to the credit card company with the paperwork.  I will provide an update as soon as more information is avaiable.

In my opinion, North Face needs to do a better job of policing the web for counterfeit companies that use their name or part of their name in a website (and even a doctored logo).  The bogus website was a .net site, not a .com site, but everything looked legit, right down to that highly recognizable North Face logo.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 05:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheNorthFaceWarehouseSalenet/internet/TheNorthFaceWarehouseSalenet-Counterfeit-product-website-posing-at-North-Face-official-w-1141196. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheNorthFaceWarehouseSale.net