Complaint Review: TheSoftwareMembersArea.com, MarketBill.com,MyDownloading.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 10, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
TheSoftwareMembersArea.com, MarketBill.com,MyDownloading.com
TheSoftwareMembersArea.com,MP3 Networks Internet U.S.A.

TheSoftwareMembersArea.com, MarketBill.com, MyDownloading.com ripoff St. Kitts, Nevis Internet

*Consumer Comment: Another Victom of Marketbill.com

*UPDATE Employee: Customer Service is Here To Help!

*Author of original report: Final Resolution

*Author of original report: Progress or lack there of!

Was attempting to find the download web site for Skypes software and did a google search and found a link which looked like what I wanted. It listed several software and services available one of which was Skypes. Clicking on the Skypes link took me to a sign up page for purchase of downloading privleges coating $23.76 fo two years of access.

I completed the appilcation paying for the fee by credit card. When the order was processed I was automatically charged an additional $9.88 for "NetSpyProctector" and "Option" which I did not ask for for was given a chance to opt in or out of. I received a "membership confirmation" email with log in data. I immediately logged in and went to live on line customer service asking for my account to be cancelled and my money refunded.

All I got from them was that they could not find my order - I was disconnetect two more times without receiving any assistance. They do NOT publish a telephone number unless the "live internet" help is not available as in after hours. I now have their phone number and intend to call them tomorrow.

Further most of not all of the software they have available for download is already FREE software available directly from the publishers web sites and all they are doing is providing a link to the publishers site. This is a rip off in the extreeme.

Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2006 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheSoftwareMembersAreacom-MarketBillcomMyDownloadingcom/internet/TheSoftwareMembersAreacom-MarketBillcom-MyDownloadingcom-ripoff-St-Kitts-Nevis-Inte-185958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheSoftwareMembersArea.com, MarketBill.com,MyDownloading.com

Another Victom of Marketbill.com

AUTHOR: Gary - (United States of America)

I came to this site to file my own Ripoff Report about Marketbill.com, but found that they've done this to others already.
I was just hung up on by their Helpdesk because I refused to get off the phone until I had a chance to speak to someone other than the person telling me "that company" could not cancel the transaction from the day before.
Like the original writer I went to the order page expecting to pay $1.29 monthly (for 3 year term) and nothing until after the order had completed said anything different.
I got the confirmation email which said they charged me $57. That was $9 more than the 3 year cost.
I immediately opened a Support ticket explaining that if I were going to be charged more that the $1.29 monthly they should have explained that BEFORE charging my card, not afterward. Several hours went by, so I started looking for a phone number and found the 1-888 number for N. America and I called.
I finally got to speak to a guy and explained to him that I wanted this charge CANCELED, because I wasn't charged the amount shown on the page. He said he would put in a refund, and cancel the membership.
Next morning (this morning) I get an email that my refund is Pending, so I wait and it doesn't change. I called this evening and spoke to the person that hung up on me because as she put it "that company" can't or doesn't cancel payments.
That's when I told her I wanted to speak to someone else since I process online payments and have been for years and I know the payment can be canceled.

There are two things to take note of with this company.

1. This company or any company that can not control their payment and refund process should be avoided, AT ALL COST!

2. Marketbill.com showed that it is only willing to work with a customer to ITS satisfaction, and not their customers.

Customer Service is Here To Help!

AUTHOR: Help Found Here - (USA)

We are posting here in order to assist you in resolving any issues. As we pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service, we invite you to please use the link below in order to contact our team directly. We assure you that we will provide an appropriate response in a timely manner.

Looking forward to assisting you!

Best regards,
Customer Service

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

These companies are fraudulent, I joined a portal to make downloads for an amount of 3.5 approx. and since then as I provided them my VISA number have not stopped to recover the sums which now number over 200 .

I called and every time I do I say no return to the fore, to imagine it would be not to cancel my account so we can continue to charge

Final Resolution

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Ok so I must eat a little crow here. The company credited my account for the full amount, on April 13, 2006. Well ahead of the 2 to 3 weeks they said it would take. So I must be honest enough to say they did the right thing in the long run. I still would not recommend using any of their services because they are selling hyperlinks to webs sites whose service or product is free to begin with. For example Adobe Reader is free from the Adobe site as is Skype from the Skype web site.

Progress or lack there of!

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

On Tuesday, April 11, 2006, I managed to reach the Customer Service for "thesoftwaremembersarea.com" and requested a refund. The pleasant lady on the other end of the phone accepted my request for a full refund and a cancellation of my account. She told me I would be receiving a confirmation email the next morning and that it would take two to three weeks for my credit card account to be credited with the full ammount of the purchase. Today is April 13th and I have not received the email confirmation promised.

Further as many of you know, in todays "automated" world, financial transactions NEVER take more than 24 to 48 hours - especially with credit card company transactions. I have received refunds to my credit card account as quickly as the day following my request for a refund. There is NO possible reason for this to take up to three weeks to process. This company is definitely crooked, dishonest, deceptive and down right cheats to put it mildly. More updates will follow when I "discover" that NO MONEY has been credit to my account by the fruadulent company!