restaurant

• Phone: 866-488-0791
  • Web:
  • Category: Software

TheSoftwareMembersArea.com Ripoff on already free software Internet

I have just had the same experience as Charles from Virginia Beach, Virginia, U.S.A. with TheSoftwareMembersArea.com Internet site and thought it important to report it so that others are aware of what could happen to them if they try and download programs from that site.

I wanted to get a copy of WinZip so typed WinZip into my search engine. One of the sites, TheSoftwareMembersArea.com looked promising so I went through the log in process with website gave my credit card number etc. etc. but when I got to downlaod the program I had paid for, I found that the version of WinZip I had downloaded from it was the same as the evaluation version I could get from the official WinZip site. This meant I had not paid for the version I had downloaded because the little box that popped up said: The purchased version does not display this notice.

Wondering what was going on, I found your website (thank you for running it) and through Charles's posting found TheSoftwareMembersArea.com phone number and called them. I listened to background music and a women telling me my call was important to them for sometime but eventually got through to an operator who told me that the message on the WinZip program I had downloaded saying: The purchased version does not display this notice was an error made by the owners of The SoftwareMembersArea.com website. I argued the point saying that I seen exactly the same message on the evaluation version and so could she please refund my money. She asked me to hold while she spoke with her supervisor. I did so. She came back to tell me that he had said I could be given a refund and I would getting an e-mail to this effect within the next 24 hours. I will monitor my e-mails and let you know when and if I get my refund.

It is interesting to note that along with the purchase of the WinZip program I was also given a program that I had to accept. I was automatically charged $9.88 for NetSpyProtector which I had not asked for and did not want and there seemed to be no option to accept it or not. Thank you for hearing me out.

Peter
Victoria, British Columbia
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2006 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheSoftwareMembersAreacom/internet/TheSoftwareMembersAreacom-Ripoff-on-already-free-software-Internet-215597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheSoftwareMembersArea.com