• Report: #209515

• Updated: Tue, September 05, 2006

• Reported By:New Orleans Louisiana
TheSoftwareMembersArea.com
TheSoftwareMembersArea.com Nationwide U.S.A.

TheSoftwareMembersArea.com ripoff, I fell like a rock! They assure is a free service, yet they charge for something I did not order. I did not click on any item. Still, they send me a bill! TheSoftwareMembersArea.com Internet

I was looking for Skype. This company offers "free downloading", so I clicked on it. Even as I was carefull not to fill in any of the items they wanted to sell me, I got a bill for $38.66 for the following: Lifetime and Unlimited Access for a total of $28.88 USD; NetSpy Protector Option-Protect yourself from malware for a total of $9.88 USD. A grand Total of $38.76 USD is charged to my credit card. I called my credit card company to stop the payment, because there is no where to contact the company selling those things I did not order. I did try unsuccesfully to contact them by email. The credit card company told me I will have to wait until the bill is sent to them. I am reporting this because a fear of what else are they going to do now that they have my credit card information? The principle of honesty is what I am defending here. This company is a fraud, a rip-off and somebody should take it to court and out of the market. Period.

Maria
New Orleans, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2006 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheSoftwareMembersAreacom/nationwide/TheSoftwareMembersAreacom-ripoff-I-fell-like-a-rock-They-assure-is-a-free-service-yet-209515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheSoftwareMembersArea.com