Complaint Review: TheStreet.com

• Submitted: Wed, June 05, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: John — New York
14 Wall Street, 15th Floor New York, New York USA

TheStreet.com Won't refund my money and cancel subscription just posted to my credit card. New York New York

Be aware of TheStreet.com and the Action Alerts Plus that Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link promote and advertise about constantly.  This company uses predatory practices to bill your credit card without your approval and then tells you that you cannot cancel the subscription or get reimbursed even though they just charged your account.

I held a subscription for 2 years and then when I saw they had billed my card for a renewal, I called them and asked to cancel the subscription and get my refund, they refused and said you have to call before the subsctiption date renews.  In fact the only way to cancel is to call them, which is kind of fishy.  It took me 4 days to get someone on the phone in customer service, then they transferred me to a manager who told me that they cannot reimburse the amount or cancel the subscription.  Now this is for a 1 year subscription and I am cancelling right away because I don't fell the product is that good, yet they won't reimburse me.

Jim Cramer says he is always trying to help the little guy, yet this billing practice is just a predatory scam that his company is perpetrating directly on the little guy.  My advise is do not subscribe to any service that makes it tough for you to cancel, it just means the product is not good enough to support continued use.  It seems that Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link are not in it to help anyone but themselves and this type of predatory practice is exactly what I hate about Wall Street.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheStreetcom/New-York-New-York-10005/TheStreetcom-Wont-refund-my-money-and-cancel-subscription-just-posted-to-my-credit-car-1056670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheStreet.com