Complaint Review: Theater Research - 2 Men Representing This Company

• Updated: Mon, August 06, 2007

• Reported By:Portland Maine
Theater Research - 2 Men Representing This Company
Portland, Maine U.S.A.

Theater Research (2 Men Representing This Company) THEATER RESEARCH Two men representing this company ripped me off for $500.00 in the Home Depot parking lot in Portland Maine Portland Maine

*Consumer Comment: Speakers work great despite bizarre marketing strategy

This incedent happened around the end of 2005 at the Home Depot in Portland Maine. Two men driving in a green Mini van stopped along side my car at the home depot in Portland Maine. They said they worked for a High End Theater Company that catered to commercial industry's(i.e.movie theaters ect.)They said that they came to Maine to make a delivery of some high end theater equipment futher up in Bangor,Maine. They looked very profesional and gave me some Company lititure(i.e.panflets,magazines ect.) They claimed that they had brought to many sorround sound units to this delivery(They even showed me some invoice that they had)They claimed they did not want to have to bring the x-tra stock they had back to there company because they had a upcoming vacation and wanted to go to some other state on the way home. They said they would give me a sorround sound unit for 75% off retail. They had flyers showing the retail price and it was even listed on the box. It listed for something like $2295.00(I can get the figure its still on the box.)

Well I gave them $500.00 in cash, When I got it home and hooked it up none of the lights worked and it did not seem like it was any way near a high end product. Although I did use it for a while geussing where the stations were. I finally decided that it was not even worth the room it was taking up on my tables. So I put it back in the box and its been sitting in storage ever since. Untill today when I was messing around on my computer and figured that even though I couldn't contact them via phone when I first bought it.(I did try but could not even find a company let alone a phone number)I would see if I could find something via Internet... The First thing I saw when I punched in Theaterresearch.com was the words "Ripped-Off"

Robert
Portland, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/18/2007 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Theater-Research-2-Men-Representing-This-Company/Portland-Maine-04103/Theater-Research-2-Men-Representing-This-Company-THEATER-RESEARCH-Two-men-representing-t-236335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Theater Research - 2 Men Representing This Company

Speakers work great despite bizarre marketing strategy

AUTHOR: Tony Stark - (U.S.A.)

I have a set of tr-2900's right next to a pair of Magnepan SMGa's and a pair of Ohm FRs-11's and a pair of Klipsch kg3's and a pair of little Infinitys. They sound fine and are not junk. I paid $200 for them and that's what they're worth. They get louder than any of these other models. The subwoofers are very impressive. If they're too boomy for you the crossover on the back is adjustable.

Yes I bought them from a kid in a Lexus SUV. He brought them in the house and hooked them up and they sounded good enough to buy. You people need to chill out. All modern theater speakers have this weird dull flat sound. Placed too close to the TV they produce rainbows but so do the Klipsch. The highs seem balanced. The website exists to inflate the price and I don't understand their marketing strategy but they are decent speakers