Complaint Review: Theater Research, American Sound Systems, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, May 03, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, September 30, 2003

• Reported By:Massillon Ohio
Theater Research, American Sound Systems, Inc.
1781 Aberscreek Rd Monroeville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 724-327-1922
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Theater Research American Sound Systems ripoff consumer fraud Monroeville Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Go Get UM!

*Consumer Comment: Poor Ethics -- American Sound Systems, Inc. -- Based out of Monroeville

*Consumer Comment: I was scammed too from Monroeville!!!!

*UPDATE Employee: American Sound is a Very Legitate Company

*Author of original report: Who's fooling who?

*UPDATE Employee: No consumer fraud committed

We were ripped off by the same theives who are apparantly scamming across the nation. They were in White Van with American Sound Systems on the side of the van. They presented speakers supposedly worth thousands and later to find after doing our research....the speaker maker "Theater Research" doesn't exist and it's part of a scam sweeping across the U.S. Beware- these people claim they are in Monroeville, PA and that they were installing the speaker some place and had extras. Everyone knows the rest of the story..............

Jennifer
Massillon, Ohio

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2003 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Theater-Research-American-Sound-Systems-Inc/Monroeville-Pennsylvania-15146/Theater-Research-American-Sound-Systems-ripoff-consumer-fraud-Monroeville-Pennsylvania-55567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Theater Research, American Sound Systems, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Go Get UM!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I still cannot believe those Rip Off Artists are out there. I am so glad I filed the report. Trust me- my husband and I look for their white van at banking facilities. Hey- the person who contacted the police- let me know. We'll help! My (2) speakers are still in the box. I never took them out after reading the first report about their company. And trust me the so called claimed employees who are filing a rebuttal- They are probably the guys that sold them to me themselves tracking their movement across the U.S. Hmmmmm.

Poor Ethics -- American Sound Systems, Inc. -- Based out of Monroeville

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

I bought speakers from a sales representative Michael S. Butcher for $600.00 for a pair of TR-2000 Floor Standing Loud Speakers. He gave me the 'we are trying to cut our cost by selling these speakers for price our company "American Sound Systems, Inc." paid for them.'

He told me that $600.00 was a great deal and that people in Shady Side and Squarll Hill pay $2000.00 a piece for each speaker. He told me the speakers were over bid and that his boss 'Dave' told him to sell them as quick as possible.

Playing off the win, win situation I felt had presented itself I bought the speakers only to find out an hour later that the speakers were not the high end quality speakers suggested by Mr. Butcher.

I called the number on the reciept and read the fine details about the return policy of three business days. I requested a full refund through a fax with a professional letter and copy of reciept. Dave told me that the best he could do was to return $200.00 by check through mail. Being that I am dealing with crooks I accepted his terms after a short debate for a full refund. I am still disappointed that the full refund was not processed, however I am happy I recieved at 200 dollars back from the orginal 600.

The final lesson learned is that "American Sound Systems, Inc." are conartist. There ethics as people are some of the lowest i've experienced to date in purchasing agreements. I feel that one day Dave and Michael S. Butcher will receive full circle the deception and ill will they give out everyday.

Dave if you are reading this, the speakers I pay for 400.00 dollars are worth 90.00 each. Fortuniately, for me I am an educated individual and the fax with my letter is only the Tip of the iceburgh. With Mr. Butcher's name, the check you've sent me, and mailing numbers at the bottom of the envelop I have found out a lot through investigation. The IRS will be looking into the complent issued 9-30-03.

Thanks For the Two-hundred dollars and all your information.

I was scammed too from Monroeville!!!!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I too was recently scammed. Same story as everyone else. When I tried to contact the phone number on my "receipt" I got voicemail and have left numerous messages to return the speakers...none of which have been returned. Theater research is a deceitful company.

American Sound is a Very Legitate Company

AUTHOR: E - (U.S.A.)

Jennifer - had you done a search as you have claimed you would have found a few pieces of information -

1. Theater Research is located in Huntington Beach, CA

2. Had you called the phone number on your reciept, you would have been given a full refund or exchange.

Who's fooling who?

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Please add this comment to the one from Cincinnati claiming there was no fraud committed! The great thing about all of this is I never received a receipt. Better yet someone from American Sound Systems is looking at this site to "Check" the status of their theft ring. Come on- I have a slip with the name of the company on it... I could tell you I paid $800 bucks, tell you anything. Just like you told me. If they are such a legite company then why does the speaker brand "Theater Research" not exist and lead me directly to this site with other rip-offs???? Hmmmm. Who's fooling who?

No consumer fraud committed

AUTHOR: E - (U.S.A.)

When speakers are purchased from a representative of American Sound Systems, a reciept is given to the consumer, with all return info printed on the receipt. Had Jennifer called the number on the receipt she would have learned that she could have returned the speakers for a full refund. Theater Research is a company located in CA.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC