• Report: #62013

Complaint Review: Theater Research TR-5140 / Digital Audio 2000 / Consumer Warranty Division

• Submitted: Fri, June 27, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2003

• Reported By:Glendora California
Theater Research TR-5140 / Digital Audio 2000 / Consumer Warranty Division
3419 Via Lido, Suite 249 Newport Beach, California U.S.A.

Theater Research TR-5140Theater Research TR-5140 / Digital Audio 2000 / Consumer Warranty Division rip-off scam liars St. George Utah

At a gas station in St. George, Utah on my way along the 15 freeway to California, these two guys pulled up in a white mini-van. They seemed really nice and asked, "Hey, do you want some surround speakers?" These guys were in their 20s and said they were making a delivery to Salt Lake City but lived in Las Vegas.

I was curious so I looked in the van and they show me these speakers that are suppose to be $1,999. They had 5 boxes and said that they delivered a bunch and were on their way back to Vegas. The passenger jumped out of the mini-van and said he'd sell one to me for $300. I talked him down to $200.

The speakers look really nice, and he said "They have a piano finish, look.." He busts open a sealed box and pulls out a speaker which is very well packaged. There was no markings, names, or model numbers on the speaker except for a "TR" logo. There was a Warranty Card and setup diagram included.

I was skeptical but agreed. I figured that even if the speakers weren't the best, at least they would do for a cheap system at $200. I happened to be traveling and had cash on me. The guy loads a box into my car. And we both drive off.

Now that I am back in California, I goto look up this company "Theater Reserch" to see what I bought, and come across this site.

Oh well.

Richard
Riverside, California

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info, salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2003 04:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Theater-Research-TR-5140-Digital-Audio-2000-Consumer-Warranty-Division/Newport-Beach-California-92663/Theater-Research-TR-5140Theater-Research-TR-5140-Digital-Audio-2000-Consumer-Warranty-62013. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Theater Research TR-5140 / Digital Audio 2000 / Consumer Warranty Division