Complaint Review: Theater Research

• Submitted: Fri, July 06, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By: Jared — Toledo Ohio United States of America
Theater Research

Theater Research Dan Paramax IM-67 Ripped Off $400 Out Of Green Ford Escape - Toledo Ohio, Internet

Stopped at Meijer's on Alexis Road in Toledo, Ohio. I was on my way to my vehicle when two guys in a hunter green Ford Escape (from what I remember) stopped next to me and gave me the whole classic "white van scam" spiel on how their boss is making under the counter money off these overstocked warehouse speakers.

The offer seemed too good to be true (obviously sucked into this) and they ended up convincing me and followed me to the Charter One Bank off Lewis Avenue just down the road. One of the guys was drunk (should've been a red flag right there, but I ignore it) and road with me while the other followed behind.

The camera's both at the ATM and Meijer should've been able to capture what they look like. They gave me a cell-phone number and I made sure it rang to the one guys phone which it did. By the time I got home with these piece of crap Paramax IM-67 speakers, it was too late.

I called the guy and asked him if they wouldn't mind stopping by and helping me install them (since that's what they were claiming they did, in-home theater installments), but they claimed they were on their way back to Livonia, Michigan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2012 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Theater-Research/internet/Theater-Research-Dan-Paramax-IM-67-Ripped-Off-400-Out-Of-Green-Ford-Escape-Toledo-Ohio-907573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Theater Research