Complaint Review: Theatrical Design Company

• Reported By: 8927 Headstall Dr — 77375 Texas
Theatrical Design Company
1907 Kemah Village Dr Clear Lk Shrs, TX 77565 The Woodlands, Texas USA

Theatrical Design Company High End HD Projector Scam The Woodlands Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: And you expected?

I was in the woodlands on my way to pick up lunch, while in the Indian Springs shopping center. Two young muscular guys come walking out of smoothy factory and asked "You wouldn't be interested in some audio equipment would you?"

What do you have? He open the back of his silver F-150  with a projector, screen and sound bars. He said he's client ordered to many and they need to get rid of them and write them off for tax purposes. He said he was in a hurry and whatever he returned with he would have to give it back to his boss. He wanted $1000 and showed me a link online. The link said the sugjected retail price was $5439.

I looked it up on amazon and said here is on for sale for $1000. He said well I don't know what that guy is selling. Then the other guy says "did you tell him about the warrenty?" He said it comes with a 1 year warrenty. He said I don't want to break you man what can you afford. I said $500 and he said lets meet in the middle at $ 750.

I said ok and he said where do you bank? I said Wells Fargo. He loaded the projector and screen into my truck and one of the guys got into the vechile with me and gave me this sob story how he was going to school for Business and he only made $10/ hour and anything extra would be great. then he said its going to be $820 with tax. Again I should have listened to my gut because that pissed me off and I should have stopped right there but I didn't.

I got out the the money handed it to them and he said enjoy the new projector and he drove off. When I got home and started researching I was scammed, its like I knew it the whole time but I didn't listen to my gut and the guys were really nice and made you believe them. I'm posting this becasue I feel sick and pissed off at the same time that I got robbed and I don't want this to happen to you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Theatrical-Design-Company/The-Woodlands-Texas-77382/Theatrical-Design-Company-High-End-HD-Projector-Scam-The-Woodlands-Texas-1056858. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Theatrical Design Company

#1 Consumer Suggestion

And you expected?

AUTHOR: Josh - ()

I take it you thought the items were stolen, and you were getting an amazing deal on them.  Well... what goes around comes around.  Next time, don't buy stuff that fell off the back of a truck.