• Report: #207957

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 25, 2006

• Reported By:New Jersey New Jersey
Thedigitalexpo.com
thedigitalexpo.com Brooklyn, New York U.S.A.

Thedigitalexpo.com Beware of High Pressure Sales Tactics Brooklyn New York

I recently placed an order with thedigitalexpo.com for a Canon PowerShot SD700-IS. When I called to confirm my order (the company requires that you call to confirm a place order),the company (the individual who picked up the phone identified himself as the owner and called himself JJ, which I believe is the same person as Jeffrey Ling who is listed as the registrant of the website), attempted to sell me a battery for the camera. When I indicated I was not interested in purchasing the battery becuase I was on a budget and that I was only calling to confirm my order, he said that I was wasting his time and that he was going to hang up on me.

When I questioned why he was going to hang up on me and asked if I could speak to a manager, he said that he was the owner and that if I ever called again, he was going to cancel my order and charge me a cancellation fee. When I reiterated that I was just calling to confirm my order, he then threatened that he was going to cancel my order. He even stated that if he wanted, he could charge a cancellation fee. I then told him to cancel my order if he wished.

Later, I receieved an e-mail indicating my order was cancelled. I believe that this company, thedigitalexpo.com, is using unscrupulous sales tactics and potential sales fraud practices. Although many companies try to push other products on consumers after they have made a purchase, the threat of charging a cancellation fee and threatening customers because they don't agree to be enticed to buying additional products, in my opinion, is a fraud.thedigitalexpo.com needs to be investigated.

William
New Jersey, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 05:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thedigitalexpocom/Brooklyn-New-York/Thedigitalexpocom-Beware-of-High-Pressure-Sales-Tactics-Brooklyn-New-York-207957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thedigitalexpo.com