Complaint Review: Thedvdplanet - Dvdcollections

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2007

• Reported By:Leola Pennsylvania
Thedvdplanet - Dvdcollections
250 The East Mall Suite 1242 Toronto, Ontario Canada

Thedvdplanet - Dvdcollections sent me illegal copies of The Carol Burnett Show taped from TVLand Toronto Ontario

I too have been scammed by thedvdplanet.org. I ordered The Carol Burnett Show DVD Collection from them on December 15, 2007 as a Christmas gift for my father. The email confirmation said I would receive it between December 21-23. I received it on the 27th. Happy to have finally gotten my father's belated Christmas gift, I tear the box open.

First of all, the cover was nothing like the one on the website. Then I opened it to find 8 DVD's in paper covers that were obviously illegally reproduced. They call that "custom artwork"? I emailed them immediately and told them that I wanted to send it back for a full refund. I got no response.

My husband then sent them another email and told them that if they don't give us our $69.99 back, he would report them to the BBB and anyone else who would listen. They finally sent me an email this morning and told me that their manager, Paul, would have to get in touch with me after 10:00 a.m. I never heard from him. My husband reported them to the Motion Picture Association, the FBI, the BBB, CyberBit, and Visa. And believe me, we are not done. Just remember, they want you to give up. Do everything you can to bring them down. We certainly don't want them to continue doing this to innocent people like us.

Leola, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2007 10:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thedvdplanet-Dvdcollections/Toronto-Ontario/Thedvdplanet-Dvdcollections-sent-me-illegal-copies-of-The-Carol-Burnett-Show-taped-from-295585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thedvdplanet - Dvdcollections