Complaint Review: Theodoro Acadamy Of Jiu Jitsu

• Submitted: Wed, January 09, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, September 30, 2009

• Reported By:Mt. Sinai New York
Theodoro Acadamy Of Jiu Jitsu
4462 Middle Country Rd. Calverton, Selden, Bohemia, Deer Park, New York U.S.A.

Theodoro Acadamy Of Jiu Jitsu ,Total Body Shaping I signed up for a three month agreement, but when I tried to cancel, they told me I was not allowed to. Calverton, Selden, Bohemia, Deer Park New York

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: C'mon Phil, let's be honest. Don't Lie.

*Author of original report: Theodorou Acadamy of Jiu Jitsu - TotalBodyShaping

I entered into my contract 7/26/07 which expires on 7/29/08. When I was signing, first of all the girl did not speak much English and I should have known better, but she told me that this I would be "locked-in" for 3 months after that I could cancel or keep paying for the full year. I made sure that she was selling the contract for 3 months only and she reasured me many times. I tried to cancel in the middle of November and they told me NO. I was then informed that I was locked in for one full year and can not cancel unless I move more than 30 miles away or become disabled.

Gina, (BIG women with blond hair), then told me that the 110$ a month is the contract that only locks you in for 3 months, I was never informed of this "other" contract deal. When I told them that I was never told about it they laughed in my face and said "All of the girls always tell everyone about ti, so she did tell you!", but they never did. At this I told them I was moving to FL. to get out of this contract which I already felt that I should have been allowed to cancel without a problem. They told me that they need a drivers license, utility bill, or proof from post office that I moved, the club told me that they would accept my bank statement from FL. and then they told me my account was cancelled on 11/27/07.

When I called the biling agency to confirm they said that the gym sent them my statement with no address, although it WAS in fact there when I gave it to the gym. The gym then told ASF that they "acciddentaly" cancelled my account and reinstate it plus one month added onto my original contract because the membership was frozen. NOW I was never notified of the freeze nor did I authorize it. ASF told me that I need to cancel with them directly in order for ANY CANCELATION to be valid. If you cancel with the gym they may reinstate this contract at their leisure. In order to cancel with ASF you must send them a driver license, utility bill, or post office proof of permanent move.

I am not moving permanently so I do not want to break the law by signing something which says that I am. I called up the Billing agency ASF to discuss this with them. When I spoke to them they told me that the club told them that they had made a mistake when they cancelled my account, and to re-activate it, so they did. ASF can do whatever the club tells them to do, WITHOUT any notification, and with YOUR MONEY!!!

Lyne
Mt. Sinai, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2008 04:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Theodoro-Acadamy-Of-Jiu-Jitsu/Calverton-Selden-Bohemia-Deer-Park-New-York-11784-11716-11729/Theodoro-Acadamy-Of-Jiu-Jitsu-Total-Body-Shaping-I-signed-up-for-a-three-month-agreement-298538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Theodoro Acadamy Of Jiu Jitsu

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

C'mon Phil, let's be honest. Don't Lie.

AUTHOR: Mahmoud - (USA)

You need to stop scamming people like this Phil.  Remember we had that long talk about you changing your ways?  Please stop stealing money from people.  It's not right.  And stop cheating on your wife too.  Hopefully Lyne, Phil will refund your money plus give you some compensation for the inconvenience and aggravation.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Phil - (U.S.A.)

This girl signed a contract that says right on the front of the contract in plain writing "1 year contract", and because of that, she received a significant monthly discount. When she decided to quit and wanted her payments stopped, she said she didn't know it was a one year contract. When I wouldn't let her out of it, she said she's moving to Florida. Meanwhile, she has called me on 4 occasions from here and from work in Long Island! And this is months later. I guess she's really not in Florida.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Theodorou Acadamy of Jiu Jitsu - TotalBodyShaping

AUTHOR: Theodoro jiu jitsu/total body shaping - (U.S.A.)

I was then informed that I was locked in for one full year and can not cancel unless I move more than 30 miles away or become disabled. Gina, (BIG women with blond hair), then told me that the 110$ a month is the contract that only locks you in for 3 months, I was never informed of this "other" contract deal.

Lyne Mt. Sinai, New York