Complaint Review: Therma-Tru Doors

• Reported By: ChrisM — Bayport New York United States of America
Therma-Tru Doors
1750 Indian Wood Circle Maumee, Ohio United States of America

Therma-Tru Doors True Logistics Therma Tru Door Problems Maumee, Ohio

I purchased a Therma Tru door from Lowes and installed is my self soon after. (I have been in construction for 20 years). I noticed aproximately a year later that the wood floors behind the door was warping secondart to moisture. On a windy rainy day I noticed that water was infiltrating the door at all of the glass sites (the two outer side lites and the center door window) . I then called therma tru spoke to Linda (866 584-3668) she sent out the first contractor who sent a report the the door was not installed properly. (You must understand that therma tru pays these people and if they side with the customers they are out of a job). I argued with therma tru stating that even if I installed the door incorrectly there is no reason that all three windows could leak. They agreed to send someone to reseal the windows. The next contractor (Keith very Nice) Took apart the windows to reseal them an discovered the the door was milled incorrectly the router cut for the window and side lite was too big not allowing the window moulding to correctly seal the door thus allowing water to penetrate. He was nice enough to send the report to the company stating this is unfixable because of a factory defect. Linda called me back and states that she cannot help me the warranty was expired. Now I am resorting the legal action. This company is a scam dont waste the $3000 dollars I spent on any product from the company.

Chris M

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2010 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Therma-Tru-Doors/Maumee-Ohio-43537/Therma-Tru-Doors-True-Logistics-Therma-Tru-Door-Problems-Maumee-Ohio-600712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Therma-Tru Doors