Complaint Review: Thermospas

• Submitted: Thu, May 15, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, May 15, 2008

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
155 East St Wallingford, Connecticut U.S.A.

Thermospas Deceitful Practices and Scams Wallingford Connecticut

4/22/08: Called Ali Dabajeh to cancel order after discovering the product I ordered did not have many of the features I believed I was receiving. Asked to think about it for a few 'days. Tub was placed on hold.

5/1/08: Either May 1st or 2nd, Thermospas called me to confirm delivery. I told them that I did not want to confirm delivery, but that I was most likely going to cancel the order. I also informed the female that the tub was on hold.

5/2/08: Ali Dabajeh called to convince me to reconsider. I informed him that I purchased the tub based on the Designer Series features and did not realize I was not receiving those features until the next day. I asked him about refurbished or slightly blemished tubs with the Designer series features. He claimed they did not have those tubs available.

5/8-9/08: Called Thermospas and spoke with Joe Valentino. I informed him that I had placed an order several weeks prior, which was now on hold, and felt that I was misled in the salespitch to believe that I was receiving many designer series features and discovered the next day that I was not. I asked him if any slightly blemished or refurbished tubs were available. He said he would work with my salesperson, Ali.

5/12/08: Thermospas called to confirm delivery. I clearly stated that my order was on hold, that I did not want the tub they are referring to and was either going to cancel or receive a different tub.

5/12/08: Ali spoke with me regarding a tub that has some designer series features, but was not in my budget. The total cost would have been $7,523, which is $1200 more than my previous order.

5/13/08: I spoke with Ali, asked him a few questions about the offer. Then, I called him back to confirm that I would like to cancel the order. I was told I would not receive a refund for my deposit, despite originally canceling within three days and not receiving any billable goods or services.

5/14/08: I faxed and emailed a copy of the letter enclosed to all parties involved.

5/15/08: Joe Valentino called me to inform me that he had received my letter and that they would not be returning my deposit. He told me that my tub had been built and that I had confirmed delivery for June 10th. I informed him that the tub had been on hold since the day after it was purchased and that I had not confirmed delivery. I told him I felt this was unethical, that I had been misled about the product I had purchased, that I was tricked into postponing my cancellation by placing the tub on hold and they were generally being deceitful in their business practices. I then called Ali, who to this point had been courteous, although not always straightforward or completely truthful, who said it was out of his hands.

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2008 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thermospas/Wallingford-Connecticut-06492/Thermospas-Deceitful-Practices-and-Scams-Wallingford-Connecticut-332672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thermospas