Complaint Review: Thetrain.com

• Submitted: Sat, May 01, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, May 22, 2008

• Reported By:phx Arizona
Thetrain.com
1201 W. Route 66, Ste. 200 Flaggstaff, Arizona U.S.A.

Thetrain.com - The Train Grand Canyon Railway ripoff bad vacation rude people to deal with lier Flagstaff Arizona

*Consumer Comment: You are derailed!

My Husband and I bought tickets from thetrain.com for what was suppose to be a second honeymoon. Let me tell you these are the rudest bunch of people I have ever dealt with. The hotel was terrible, the food so bad my husband got sick from it. The train trip was the worst and a couple hours at the grand canyon alone with my husband was the only good part of the trip. I warn anyone thinking about thetrain.com forget it. Drive to the Grand canyon yourself and enjoy. Thetrain.com will just turn your trip into Hell.

Betty
phx, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2004 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thetraincom/Flaggstaff-Arizona-86001/Thetraincom-The-Train-Grand-Canyon-Railway-ripoff-bad-vacation-rude-people-to-deal-with-89808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thetrain.com

You are derailed!

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Dear Travelers,
I find your comments to be so far from our experiences that I must comment. My wife and I also honeymooned at the Grand Canyon Hotel, ate at the resturant and rode the train. It wasby far the best travel experience that we have ever had, ( having traveled to 23 countries ) and the staff was absolutely the best. The food was, at every meal,very good...maybe not gormet, but very good. The hotel room was also good...again, maybe not the Ritz, but as good as any hotel need be.
We enjoyed the entire experience as well as or visit to Williams, Az. so much, and the entire community to be so friendly that we are relocating to Williams next month.
As a side note, we have recommended this trip to many friends, and in each case they speak of the same great experiences too.
I'm truly sorry that you did not have the same experience as we did.
Jim