Complaint Review: Thift Books@Half.com

• Submitted: Thu, June 23, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By: Lazerus05 — Lehigh Acres Florida United States of America
Thift Books@Half.com

Thift Books@Half.com RIPPOFF Sold a book to Me. Then claims Error, Says sold to someone else Prior to My Purchase , Internet

I searched Half.com for,  The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan (2004, Unabridged, Compact Disc. I found Item #68058839101. Being Sold . I placed a bid and I won the Auction. I paid with my Visa card. I received a Confirmation email and an estimated delivery date all on the same day.

The next day I received a Cancelled Transaction Email. I contacted The seller, NO Ph. Number avail. anywhere, Via Email. I received back another email. This email says the book was sold to someone else, Prior to my purchase, on another website and that was why it was cancelled.

The Seller Refuses to provide me with the Information about that sale. Website and transaction code. So I can verify that this sale took place Prior to mine.

This is dangerous. This seller could be posting Books for sale on multiple wbsites - Sell the same book to a dozen different buyers and compleating the sale to the person with the highest Price and cancelling all the others makeing the same claim.

I cannot tell without the info and Half.com is just collecting their %.

I have asked Half.com to get the info - NO RESPONSE.

Buyer Beware!! This could happen too YOU.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2011 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thift-BooksHalfcom/internet/Thift-BooksHalfcom-RIPPOFF-Sold-a-book-to-Me-Then-claims-Error-Says-sold-to-someone-el-744498. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thift Books@Half.com