Complaint Review: Things4yourdog.com

• Submitted: Sat, April 27, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 29, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Denver Colorado
Things4yourdog.com

Things4yourdog.com Misrepresentation of product, inaccurate sizing, RUDE, non-exsistant customer service Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Customer is misinformed

I purchased a service dog vest from this business for my disabled son's new service dog and when it arrived it was much bigger than it should have been according to their size chart.  We tried it on the dog, she walked around the house in it for a few minutes but it fell off it was so big.  We called and received directions on how to exchange for the correct size, at our expense, but the dog got very ill and ended up having to go back to the service dog agency.  When I called Things4yourdog.com to ask how to return the vest since I was told they don't accept returns, ever, under any circumstances.  The woman was so hostile and rude I was shocked.  I politely explained the dog hadn't worn it because the sizing was incorrect and she started ranting and raving about how people buy their vests and return them so they never accept returns.  It's a $75 loss, down the drain for my little low-income family and an incredibly rude interaction on top of it.  There was no reason she couldn't have been polite.  There are LOTS of other places to buy service dog supplies, buyer beware at Things4yourdog.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2013 08:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Things4yourdogcom/internet/Things4yourdogcom-Misrepresentation-of-product-inaccurate-sizing-RUDE-non-exsistant-c-1046759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Things4yourdog.com

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Customer is misinformed

AUTHOR: Tanya - ()

Hello. I am the individual that this customer spoke to.  She called and told me she wanted to return her servive dog vest because the dog got sick and they didn't want it any more. I explained that as part of the terms and conditions that the customer had to affirmatively agree to before ordering from my site, that we ONLY take size exchanges only. We do not do straight refunds. The customer was quite rude and got verbally abusive when I informed her of the policy. It is clearly marked in large letters on the website and the customer had to agree to abide by these conditions before ordering.  She demanded to know why this was our policy and I explained that we had problems in the past with people buying mulitple vests and then returning them and they were damaged and unsellable to others. Over 5 years ago we instituted a policy of only doing size exchanges. She got rude with me and abusive on the phone.

Unfortunately sometimes you cannot do what a customer wants and they get abusive when you tell them your clearly stated policy. I try to work with my customers and see if we can work something out, However this customer was clearly abusive and hung up on me.

I try to work with my customers. I deal with a great many low income or fixed income customers, I try to help them out if possible. However, I can't operate a business taking losses for customer mistakes all the time. We are VERY clear on the sizing of these vests. My phone number and email are clearly marked on the website if someone has any questions.