Complaint Review: ThinkGeek

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Brent — Las Vegas Nevada
ThinkGeek
Internet USA

ThinkGeek AKA Geeknet Fraud, Unethical Business Conduct, Price Inflation, No Customer Service, Internet

*Author of original report: Thinkgeek Issue Resolved

I was a new customer to Thinkgeek.com. I enjoyed their selection of quirky merchandise; so I purchased a Dota 2 Inflatable Donkey and Team Fortress 2 Inflatable Balloonicorn, with digital unlock codes.

This is my result of conducting business with thinkgeek.

1.)  Thinkgeek misprinted the shipping label. The error was caught a week after being shipped and had been returned to sender, per the discrepancy.

2.)  I will not be credited the cost of shipping ($7.84).

3.)  I am being credited the cost of the products purchased ($10.98).

4.)  Attempting to repurchase these items their combined price is now $69.98.

5.)  I spoke with their available customer service, their customer service manager, and her manager, Rebecca. In all three instances I plainly sought to obtain a solution, which would allow me the items at the original agreed price ($10.98 vs. $69.98). I even offered to pay for shipping again.

6.)  In all three instances all I received was “sorry.”

Essentially thinkgeek sold me a product, failed to deliver the product, charged me for the failed delivery, credited me the purchase price while inflating the price nearly 7x’s the original cost. No one at thinkgeek has attempted to correct their wrong.

I have never been treated so poorly by a company that is ok with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2013 05:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ThinkGeek/internet/ThinkGeek-AKA-Geeknet-Fraud-Unethical-Business-Conduct-Price-Inflation-No-Customer-Ser-1062700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ThinkGeek

Thinkgeek Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Brent - ()

Update:

Continued contacting the company via two additional phone calls, one email, and filed a purchase dispute with my bank. On 3 Jul 2012 thinkgeek.com agreed to resend the package I paid for.