Complaint Review: Third Scroll Products

Third Scroll Products
6902 Hawthorn Park Dr. Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America

Third Scroll Products EZ Books Bogus Labtops Indianapolis, Indiana

*General Comment: similar experience

August 27th 2010 I saw a add in my local paper..  LIMITED TIME OFFER for a program to make lap tops affordable, I called and asked detailed question about the lap tops being offered and was assured it would do everything I wanted so I purchased 2 of them.  When they arrived I was shocked the were little tiny 5x7 junk NOTE BOOKS that were not capable of doing anything except connecting to the internet.  I called immediately and told them I wanted to return them, I was told ALL SALES ARE FINAL I went back to the add and no where did it say anything of the sort.  I called again and was to it says no returns on the packing slip.  OK that's great you get the packing slip with the product so your stuck, I tried and tried to get them to take this substandard product back and they refused and refused.  I had to report them to the IN department of Consumer Protection and have now gotten my money back.  But Third Scroll now wants me to pay to return the product NOT HAPPENING.  I have issued them a letter that they will need to send a call tag and pick them up at their expense not mine.  SUNDAY OCT 10, 2010 as bogus add in my local paper not sure how to stop these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2010 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Third-Scroll-Products/Indianapolis-Indiana-46220/Third-Scroll-Products-EZ-Books-Bogus-Labtops-Indianapolis-Indiana-649700. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Third Scroll Products

#1 General Comment

similar experience

AUTHOR: beedee - (United States of America)

I agree with the original report. A family friend (senior)  bought the EZ Book without asking for any help.

The ad in the paper for the EZ Book is filled with with unsubstantiated claims regarding the quality and performance of the product. The ad targets seniors with misleading photographs and images of the product. There is a no refund policy unless the newspaper has a policy of not accepting ads from retailers unless they offer refunds. Some consumers have received refunds, others have not. The BBB has 221 complaints against this company, 156 of the complaints are regarding product issues or refund/exchange issues. The company has five different names on file. The company does not respond to BBB inquiries into consumer complaints.

BBB rating is a big, red 'F'. Do not buy this product!

Companies customer phone service is argumentative and uncooperative. Their only option was an exchange and since the product is of such poor quality, compared to the claims in the print ad, an exchange is not acceptable. This company has no business being in business. They are a predatory company, relying on misinformation and false claims that target the elderly.

Their no refund policy speaks for itself.

I have contacted the local papers in my area. They have given an ultimatum to the company. Either give the refund or they won't be allowed to advertise in their newspapers. That might be the only way these scams can be stopped. If companies can't advertise products that mislead seniors, there is less chance of seniors getting scammed.