Complaint Review: Thomas F. Armstrong D.D.S

• Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: Recent Patient — Bakersfield California United States of America
Thomas F. Armstrong D.D.S
2100 18th street Bakersfield, California United States of America

Thomas F. Armstrong D.D.S Dentist tells me I'm going to DIE! Bakersfield, California

Be warned. This dentist is by far the worst dentist I have ever seen. First, I only went in for an exam and a teeth cleaning. I had a set of x-rays taken & had to wait for 45 minutes while I could hear the doctor in the next room chatting with another patient about what their parents had been up to. When the doctor finally found the time to meet with me he came in & the first thing I noticed was his teeth. I would never think less of a person for oral issues but from a dentist?! His teeth were terribly disgusting. The doctor spent five minutes looking in my mouth & then gave me a laundry list of things that I needed to have done to my teeth. The only reason I changed to this dentist was that my dentist moved to L.A. & the last time I had been to the dentist was six months ago. At my routine exam six months ago my previous dentist told me that the only thing he would like for me to do was floss more but that my teeth were in great shape! Then this new dentist tells me that I have six cavities & gum disease. Then out of no where he starts asking me about my sleep patterns & if I am still tired when I wake in the morning. Well, having 3 children & only getting 5 hours of sleep a night yes I am. Dr. Armstrong then tells me that I am at high risk for sleep apnea... Sleep apnea? He's a dentist what does he know about sleep apnea? He then tells me that he is a specialist & that my personal physician is uneducated & would misdiagnose it. Then at the age of 32 I get a lecture telling me all about how I could die from sleep apnea! He tells me that if I don't seek immediate help with this issue that I could die! He has seen it happen! I was obviously very frightened by this fact & asked him to explain more & to tell me what I can do. He then talks to me about this appliance that goes into my mouth that costs somewhere near 5000 dollars! Something that my insurance will not cover! He continues to stress it to me but I tell him that I really would like to discuss it with my physician & he tells me that my physician is going to say that I don't have it & that he Dr. Armstrong will be waiting for my call when I realize that I can't breath at night! I was so scared! I went to my physician that same day as an emergency patient and he calmed me down. I am apparently NOT the other person who has been frightened unnecessarily by this dentist & that there are other alternatives than Dr. Armstrong's appliance. Two days after all of this happened my physician called to tell me that he has received a letter from Dr. Armstrong about me and my health and sleep apnea! This dentist who is only a dentist and not a specialist in anything went into my paperwork retrieved my physicians name and took it upon himself to contact my physician! After being seen by another dentist I was told that I have no cavities and no gum disease! Potential patients please read this! I know that it's long but I can assure you that when you see this man he will lie and try to talk to you about sleep apnea! He is not a specialist and needs to realize that he is not a doctor of medicine but of the mouth and that is where his focus needs to stay!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2011 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomas-F-Armstrong-DDS/Bakersfield-California-93301/Thomas-F-Armstrong-DDS-Dentist-tells-me-Im-going-to-DIE-Bakersfield-California-706955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomas F. Armstrong D.D.S