Complaint Review: Thomas H. Patterson

• Submitted: Fri, June 06, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 15, 2009

• Reported By:Goodwater Alabama
Thomas H. Patterson
3098 Allison Bonnett Memorial Drive Hueytown, Alabama U.S.A.

Thomas H. Patterson, Dentist Dentures VERY BADLY made. $1200 in march. can't get refund, can't wear dentures. Hueytown Alabama

*Author of original report: Dr.Thomas H. Patterson 7/15/2009

*Author of original report: Thomas H. Patterson, Dentist; $1200.00..Hueytown, AL 35023

*Consumer Comment: Always had good experiencewith Dr. Patterson

*Author of original report: Thomas Patterson, Dentist, Hueytown, AL 35023

March 2008, I paid Dr. Patterson $1200.00 for new set of dentures. I continued to make trip after trip to have them adjusted to my mouth, they never fitted them to me, they just adjusted the way THEY wanted them. I wore them for a week and the bottom plate cracked making them impossible to wear.
On May 24th '08, I mailed him, by UPS to refund my money within 10 days, the letter was signed for on the 27th of May.
I have not heard anything from him. But he owes me $1200.00

Merlene
Goodwater, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2008 07:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomas-H-Patterson/Hueytown-Alabama-35023/Thomas-H-Patterson-Dentist-Dentures-VERY-BADLY-made-1200-in-march-cant-get-refund-c-337890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomas H. Patterson

Dr.Thomas H. Patterson 7/15/2009

AUTHOR: Merlene - (U.S.A.)

A comment to Jennifers' comment... You know, you may be a good $ making profit for Dr. Patterson. But how do you know that down the road, you will have problems that he created without your knowlege???
Huh!!! Any Dentist that has any integrity and honesty will at the VERY least try to contact the patient to correct their mistakes.. So, my dear, after his ignoring my requests, and not even, giving me a call, trying to correct HIS LOUSY dentures, I dub him. "A VERY BAD DENTIST"
I was in his office, (round trips) as much a 3 times a week, trying to get them polished, sharpened, lengthened and teeth placed in correct potition. They really made a big mess that just kept getting worse. You can send me $1200.00 on his behalf. But you cannot, on just your say so, convience me that he is as good as you seem to think. My denture experience, ( I've had 4 other sets) with him is the very, very, worst.. For me I lost a whole month of my SS income, plus a lot of unneccessary traveling. And a small claims court trial that was just a waste of time for me.

Thomas H. Patterson, Dentist; $1200.00..Hueytown, AL 35023

AUTHOR: Merlene - (U.S.A.)

We went to small claims on March 3, 2009. The judge was aquainted with the Dentist, and recused hmself. Second apperance was on July 7, 2009. He showed up with a lawyer, she claimed in her brief, that i was claiming malpractice for the dentures. The judge, even though i was the plantiff, let the lawyer go first and then would not even let me explain.

I DID NOT HAVE A LAWYER.. The judge, was not going to let me have a laymans' trial. He saw them and had his mind made up before we stood in front of him.. The only consolation i have is that he lost 2 half days' work and paid the lawyer as much as if he would have just settled.. I just lost my $1200.00 to a dentist with no integrity or caring for his patients...and a crooked judge.

Always had good experiencewith Dr. Patterson

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

I have been a patient of Dr. Patterson's for many years. I also have several family and friends who are also patients of his. I have always had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Patterson and his staff. A few years ago I moved over and hour away from His office, and I still drive all the way to Hueytown to see him for all my dental needs. My advice to the scorned denture patient is to go back in the office and calmly explain your complaints to Dr. Patterson, and I know for a fact that he will resolve your issues. He is too kind of a man and too good of a dentist to have this kind of complaint going against him. If you think he is bad, trust me I could give you leads to bad dentists around Alabama. Give Dr. Patterson and his clinic just one more try, before you write him off!

Thomas Patterson, Dentist, Hueytown, AL 35023

AUTHOR: Merlene - (U.S.A.)

I ordered the "Rip-Off Revenge" book. Very informative!! Recommend it highly.
I am a senior citizen, and just moved here, so therefore, for me, the only rescorce is to file a small claims claim. I have the forms, and am trying to figure out how to fill them out.

I have recieved no communication from him.