Complaint Review: Thomas J. Sherwood

• Submitted: Sun, March 06, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 13, 2011

• Reported By: Joe — Seffner Florida U.S.A.
Thomas J. Sherwood
11524 HWY 92 East Seffner, Florida United States of America

Thomas J. Sherwood Law offices of Thomas J. Sherwood Loan Modification Seffner, Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Get your refund before they go Out of Business

*UPDATE Employee: Anonymity

*Author of original report: just read this

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Loan Modification Seffner, Florida

I came to Mr. Sherwood for a loan modification about 9 mos ago and was told that it would be done in about 90 days or I would get all of my money back.  At first, I was in contact every other week or so and then suddenly they stopped calling.  I called after 90 days to find out what was going on and nobody would return my call.  It took me calling 2-3 times per day to finally get ahold of someone there who stated that they would look into what happened.  I asked for a refund of my money and they stated that they wanted to save my home and would make right this wrong.  I was then assigned another case worker who stated that he could save my home.  Again, I call and no one calls back (been weeks now).  I'm afraid that I will lose my home and these people will skate with my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2011 08:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomas-J-Sherwood/Seffner-Florida-33584/Thomas-J-Sherwood-Law-offices-of-Thomas-J-Sherwood-Loan-Modification-Seffner-Florida-703301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomas J. Sherwood

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Get your refund before they go Out of Business

AUTHOR: discontentedEXemployee - (United States of America)

File a complaint with the FL bar and also contact an attorney to represent you immediately.  The Law Office of Thomas J Sherwoods contract is indeed not written by an attorney buy by several Tom Dick & Harrys

Anonymity

AUTHOR: Bill Stevens Branch Manager - (United States of America)

As of 12:20pm today, 03/18/2011, my voice mail box has been cleared and all phone messages have been returned. Since you are stating you have not heard from me, it is obvious I have not heard from you. If you would respond with your contact information, I will call you immediately.

William Stevens - Manager  (813) 246-5000 X239

just read this

AUTHOR: Walt - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Stevens,  I have called you personally, several times over the last 2 weeks and haven't gotten a call back.  Actually, it's been over 3 weeks and no call back from you personally, nor anyone else at Thomas J. Sherwood's office.  I even went as far as calling Mr. Sherwood himself and I can't even get him to return my call.  You listed your phone number on here as to passify the complaint made against your firm and you still don't return phone calls is beyond pittiful and unprofessional!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: SD14 - (United States of America)

Perhaps your law office should update the consumer of your services on a timely and regular basis. It's very simple and the consumer deserves to know what's going on. They want service. They after all, hired you and you are employed because of the consumers that purchase your services. Therefore, they EXPEXT service, even when you are waiting to hear back from the mortgage company.

Something like this:

"I just wanted you to know we are waiting this process and the next expected update is....  and we will keep you informed."

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Loan Modification Seffner, Florida

AUTHOR: Bill Stevens Branch Manager - (United States of America)

Concerning the length of time needed to complete a modification, there are some lenders that modify loans in weeks and others that take multiple months.We know that when you entered the HAMP Program you met the government guidelines or we would not have taken you on as a client. Many lenders are under staffed and very over whelmed by the volume of modifications they are receiving.We work every file every week to make sure that there is nothing hindering the file from moving forward with your lender.That is why we request updated documentation from you, as your lender requests from us. You also stated that you had called mulitple times to speak to someone about your case. Our negotiators in the mitigation department are trained to return all calls within 24 hours. There are times when someone could be sick or maybe had a day off which could have made your response time slower than it should have been.We understand that the modification process is very stressfull and can cause emotions to run high. But I assure you we care and we are motivated at closing your modification as soon as possible. However we also have to work on your lenders time clock.We have closed hundereds of modifications and I am sure we will close yours also. I would like you to call me Bill Stevens at 877-246-4486 ext. 239 if you have not received a return call in a promt period of time.