Complaint Review: Thomas M Kulpa

• Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Carsten — Allen Texas USA
Thomas M Kulpa
9629 Planters Row Dr. Frisco, Texas United States of America

Thomas M Kulpa Tommy Kulpa was paid for a photoshot but it was cancelled and I recieved no refund Frisco, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Invalid Statement

*Author of original report: Got my refund finally

Tommy posted an event on meetup.com. It was for a photo shoot where he would arrange for some models to me present. He charged $149 for the event and the refund policy clearly said that I would be refunded if the event was cancelled. I paid the $149 via Paypal. The event was scheduled to be on September 24, 2011.

Tommy cancelled the event in an email to me dated September 19, 2011 and gave me the option for a full refund via Paypal. I accepted to receive the full refund back.

Since then I have been promised in several emails to get the refund. I have been told on several occasions that that the refund would be processed later in the day, but until date no refund has been received.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2011 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomas-M-Kulpa/Frisco-Texas-75034/Thomas-M-Kulpa-Tommy-Kulpa-was-paid-for-a-photoshot-but-it-was-cancelled-and-I-recieved-no-787973. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomas M Kulpa

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Invalid Statement

AUTHOR: Tommy - (United States of America)

I am writing because the party who wrote this Ripoff Report one me did not explain everything in its entirety.  Yes, there was much delay in him receiving his refund - here is why.  He is a Photographer who enrolled in one of my workshops through PayPal.  The workshop was cancelled due to lack of participants on that particular Saturday.  The Party stated he wanted me to hold the money in my PayPal account, instead of returning it to him, until the next workshop.  I attempted to conduct another Saturday workshop approx 2 to 3 weeks out but there was only a few Photographers and there would be enough interest by the models to work at such a low price.  I asked the Party if he wanted his money back, as I was going to put one last try for a workshop out within a few days.  He stated he would prefer I send him his money.  So, I proceeded to do so, and as you can see he finally stated on the Ripoff Report that he did receive his money.

I am not clear why he would write this as he could have called me personally, rather than emailing back and forth - he did receive his money after a few times of trying to put a workshop together.

Kindly clear this report.
Sincerely,
Tommy

Got my refund finally

AUTHOR: Papsi - (USA)

It seems that there were some issues with his Paypal account, however processing a refund 25-30 days late is really not acceptable. I ended up getting my refund.